SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes a positive departure from all Estate developments in Ballito and is hopefully the start of a true urban core to the booming region.

This development is launching in July they state on their social media channels.

It is the conversion and expansion of the old Ballito Bay Mall into a true mixed use retail, commercial, medical and residential development. Sites next to it feature for potential future phases in the same dense mixed use approach.

Www.odysseyballito.co.za

·
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is more info on what makes up the development.

36 bed Day Hospital
Supercar Showroom
Coffee Roastery
Cafes and non chain retail
Premium Gym
Rooftop Skybar

·
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to boards mate. Great to have the on the ground shots especially of these harder to follow developments.

What's the feeling in Ballito about this one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you! I've been following the Durban forum for quite a while and thought it was probably time to contribute.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who lives in the likes of Ballito Hills or Seaward Estates, but I would say generally quite a positive feeling. The redevelopment takes a vacant eyesore, and transforms it into what would be a good amenity for the area. I haven't seen any of the residential units hit the market, but given their progress I would think there's been quite a good take up of what has been released to the market thus far.

·
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not seen much advertising for it online. So thought it must be more local. It feels a very different shift for Ballito. Kinda what should have surrounded the lifestyle centre rather than car centric development all of Ballito is today.

·
Registered
636 Posts
This has been on the cards for a while now. Was actually slowed down by the residential complexes across the road as they objected to the original plan which was to have a psychiatric hospital section. As with most big developments plans change.

Great to see guys on-site (have been since the end of 2019), and hopefully a much better looking building.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts