Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't an actual versus thread. I remember reading that New York and Chicago are the only metropolitan areas with more than 50% of the office space, I believe, in the central city. Now, my question is, is that still true, and if so, is the proportion of office space in Chicago increasing, decreasing, or unchanged. I did a few google searches, but I couldn't find anything to answer my question. If any of you know, that would be awesome. Thanks

·
Pragmatist
434 Posts
I did a few google searches, but I couldn't find anything to answer my question. If any of you know, that would be awesome. Thanks
When I worked in commercial real estate, we used CB Richard Ellis market surveys as our baseline. You can get them free after registering at their slightly confusing website: http://www.cbre.com/USA/Research/Market+Reports/

As far as I can tell, downtown Chicago's market share is increasing relative to the suburbs; the same is the case in DC and probably NYC. The "jobless recovery" resulted in new towers downtown while vacancy rates remained stubbornly high in the suburbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts