SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Celebrity Fitness
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what is ur country/state's offical animal
For Malaysia ,The orangutan is an official state animal of Sabah,&Malaysia as well.

Hornbill is an official state animal of my state

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
^^ otang utan is also native to Kalimantan/Borneo, Indonesia :)

Indonesia's offical Komodo Dragon. Nowhere else but in Indonesia The World's Largest Lizard :eek:kay:

·
Celebrity Fitness
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GluTTony said:
the Orangutan is Indonesia's offical animal of Kalimantan/Borneo >( (don't say that we're the copycats cuz its The other way around) :sleepy:
The Orangutan is also an official state animal of Sabah in Malaysia,like i mention before.
btw,major conservation centres in Borneo include those at Semenggok in Sarawak, and Sepilok near Sandakan in Sabah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangutan
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
The major conservation centres in Borneo include those at Semenggok in Sarawak, and Sepilok near Sandakan in Sabah doesn't mean that its the offical animal of malaysia. if there was a major conservation center for horses in your Country would you claim that Horses was your's country no right?:)

oh well you guy can take it we have the Komodo anyways, Bigger and more Unique

·
Couch Weight
2,934 Posts
Philippines

One of these is supposed to be that "official" animal representation of the Philippines. Otherwise, all of them are.

The Philippine Eagle

The Philippine Water Buffalo (Carabao)

or

The Philippine Tarsier

·
Banned
30 Posts
I don't know what the English name is, but in Kurdistan we have a lot of these birds. In Kurdish is it "Kew" (speak as: Kaww)

It is the official animal of Kurdistan

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Can some of you delete some of your pics? It is slowing the thread down considerably. No offense Mr. Denmark but I think we all know what a ram and a polar bear looks like.
Ok- the official animal of the U.S. is the Bald Eagle.
The state of Georgia is the Bumble Bee and a Mocking Bird
For Florida it is the Alligator.
For Florida it is the Brown Bear.

·
121,814 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts