7681 - 7700 of 7789 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi my Belfast chums and happy new year!

Im going to be doing a bit of tidying up of the Wikipedia buildings lists for major UK cities and want to help you guys make the Belfast page to the quality expected of such a great city of yours. I have already done a complete overhaul of the Manchester page and would like to do something similar here.

However I don't know the status of many projects as well as you guys - what I have is below - please let me know if there are any mistakes. Note that projects proposed which have had no update or news for more than 5 years or projects that have been approved more than 5 years ago with no construction starting should be considered dormant for the purposes of this list.

Also, if anyone is ok with me using their construction pictures of various buildings please let me know so I have permission to put them onto Wikipedia. Cheers!

·
Registered
493 Posts

Im going to be doing a bit of tidying up of the Wikipedia buildings lists for major UK cities and want to help you guys make the Belfast page to the quality expected of such a great city of yours. I have already done a complete overhaul of the Manchester page and would like to do something similar here.

However I don't know the status of many projects as well as you guys - what I have is below - please let me know if there are any mistakes. Note that projects proposed which have had no update or news for more than 5 years or projects that have been approved more than 5 years ago with no construction starting should be considered dormant for the purposes of this list.

Also, if anyone is ok with me using their construction pictures of various buildings please let me know so I have permission to put them onto Wikipedia. Cheers!

View attachment 925646
I did an overhaul but a user GulioLopes kept undoing the majority of my work I would be happy for you to do so, to improve the page further in fact I have a thread here BELFAST| tallest buildings and structures Wikipedia page on it for suggestions, especially if you could make it full proof from that editor being able to touch it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I did an overhaul but a user GulioLopes kept undoing the majority of my work I would be happy for you to do so, to improve the page further in fact I have a thread here on it for suggestions, especially if you could make it full proof from that editor being able to touch it.
This was specifically on planned, approved and under construction projects. Which this editor seen as pointless, I believe you can access them in previous versions, I used the planning portal as my citation, despite his claim it was uncited, images for these would be a brilliant addition, but you’d need hypnotoad who has a lot of images on his Flickr permission.https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/50782108173/

·
Registered
493 Posts

View attachment 925646
I also started a Dublin one which of course faced opposition from this editor, your extra experience on Wikipedia should help you deal with him.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

View attachment 925646
As Petaaa noted, there are plenty of photos on my flickr account, use whatever images you want from it! It could do with some tidying up and organising, so it might just be easier to take any images you need from the various threads on here.

From your table above, the Royal Exchange tower can be removed, the scheme has been revised since it was proposed and the tower is now gone.

The Olympic Tower has been revised and is actually taller- details in this thread.

There is a new proposal- the Grattan- some early details in this thread.

·
Registered
493 Posts

View attachment 925646
The structures outside of the list were verified via google earths 3D model of Belfast plus radio masts are missing.
Belfast cathedrals official site says its 80m tall with the 40m spire the same height as nave.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Great news, i had a tour of that about 4 years ago and the plans presented were very exciting, but you could also see the building was in need of urgent work in places, good to know that it might finally be moving.

·
Registered
840 Posts
A building has been set alight that either is or is exceptionally close to Havelock House. Pretty disgusting if it is as it seems to happen all the time a developer doesn't get their way with the planning committee.

·
Registered
301 Posts
A building has been set alight that either is or is exceptionally close to Havelock House. Pretty disgusting if it is as it seems to happen all the time a developer doesn't get their way with the planning committee.
Don't know where you got that information from, but the fire wasn't Havelock House. It's this building on Donegall Pass, about 100m away and occupied by the Belfast Multicultural Association

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ahh right, my bad then, the photo last night was taken from far away and it was dark so I thought it was at the back of Havelock House but seems to be another block away. Hopefully not something more sinister then

7681 - 7700 of 7789 Posts