SkyscraperCity banner

7701 - 7720 of 7791 Posts

·
13,282 Posts
Wonder if the same naughty tramps who were [allegedly] warming themselves in the Crumlin Rd Courthouse might have been feeling the cold.

There's a phenomena here called a MQF - mysterious quayside fire where a building/site that has proven to be difficult to develop [those nasty folks in planning not rolling over, the inconvenience of being a listed building and so on].

Obviously the developer has spent a lot of money on trying to get approval so it's just sooo hard to pay for great security keep an eye on the site all of the time and, well .... I'm told that a loss of memory and being unclear as to whether bottled gas might be on the premises when the fireman ask is a common affliction too..

·
13,282 Posts
That really is terrible. One thing me joking and being cynical about rapacious property developers, quite another when you have something run by good people doing good work attacked. It reads as if there is a history of attacks, it's tempting to ask why on earth... but don't answer that. I guess we know.. sigh..

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not sure what can and can't be linked to the site - but there is a crowdfunding for the organisation to help.

With target of £10,000 they are on £38,000 and raised target to £40,000. So some good news.

·
13,282 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Still no commitment to fund the actual bridge. Suppose it's good planning permission will be secured once they start preliminary works on the road crossing.
It was mentioned as one of the infrastructure projects in the city deal from the webinar unless that was a different bridge.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm sure it's the same in most suburban/edge of town areas, but the amount of resi being knocked up in dundonald is unreal (without the corresponding infrastructure to support it). Two primary schools, and one GP surgery in the whole of dundonald for example (and has been ever thus when it was a hamlet with an ice rink). No shortages of churches of course.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm sure it's the same in most suburban/edge of town areas, but the amount of resi being knocked up in dundonald is unreal (without the corresponding infrastructure to support it). Two primary schools, and one GP surgery in the whole of dundonald for example (and has been ever thus when it was a hamlet with an ice rink). No shortages of churches of course.
Don’t they also have the Ulster Hospital?
Schooling definitely is an issue though.
Although for leisure and religion they seem covered.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, yeah... there's a big hospital alright, although that isn't necessarily a facility for the exclusive use of dundonalders. I was referring to local amenities and facilities more than anything... and yeah, schools are the obvious one, but then you have to think of the pull and strain on infrastructure/amenities generally (like roads, traffics, sewage, broadband provision etc).

7701 - 7720 of 7791 Posts