SkyscraperCity banner

7761 - 7780 of 7849 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Some discussion on this building on Twitter tonight. Seems it was once a power station

I believe one of the generators from here made it in to the Ulster museum, i don't know if it is still there today.

If it still exists, restoring this site and putting a museum in about the history of electricity in Belfast, including the generator, would certainly be a nice idea.

Demand for electricity greatly outgrew what this station could provide, hence it closing after only 3 years. Was superseded by one at East Bridge Street, where the ugly pink and yellow Mays Meadow apartments are today.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Looks really good. In particular the new bit to the right of the warehouse is a massive improvement over the consultation proposal. The curved glass rooftop floors certainly a bit more distinctive than the usual slab thrown on on top.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Interesting! I don't love the curvey top - its never going to look like that. But I do like the middle extension.

Queen Street is becoming an interesting little mixed use street.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Was doing a little bit of investigating in the new titanic quarter appartment scheme as there was no preapplication. It is first being presented to the council at this conference, along with other developments, some of which may be unveiled on the day. Sadly it costs money to attend, but appears to be open to anyone willing to pay.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks like there has been a tweak to the extension of the Vantage 32-36 Great Victoria street. Planning application in to turn roof into a roof terrace with glass balustrade.
No docs up yet so can’t see what it will look like.
Application ref. LA04/2021/0397/F

7761 - 7780 of 7849 Posts