SkyscraperCity banner

7781 - 7800 of 7852 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like there has been a tweak to the extension of the Vantage 32-36 Great Victoria street. Planning application in to turn roof into a roof terrace with glass balustrade.
No docs up yet so can’t see what it will look like.
Application ref. LA04/2021/0397/F
There is a render showing a roof terrace here The Vantage, 32-36 Great Victoria Street, Belfast - not sure how up to date that is

·
Registered
609 Posts
On the vantage application
the extra floors from the preapplication are gone it’s just the rooftop terrace, no good renders to see the change in appearance but from the drawings it seems to be minor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Metal work has been installed at the top of the Grand Opera house extension which looks nice. Fairly big balcony too. Interesting comparing the two images... can't believe how quickly Act 2 dated and was practically ripped down just over a decade later. Can't wait to see inside!

·
22,182 Posts
The final phase is due to commence in coming weeks. They just need to fit the new seating in the auditorium.

I've had sneak peak of the new interior and it's fantastic. It's like a 5-star hotel, really really lovely job. Can't wait to get back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The final phase is due to commence in coming weeks. They just need to fit the new seating in the auditorium.

I've had sneak peak of the new interior and it's fantastic. It's like a 5-star hotel, really really lovely job. Can't wait to get back.
Amazing. Tell us more.. how does the interior compare to the old, is it a big difference? I always thought the new extension, when it opened felt quite cold and empty.

·
22,182 Posts
I don't want to say too much as I'm sure the Opera House want to keep most details for the proper reveal.

Suffice to say it's chalk and cheese, the place has been transformed. The extension is unrecognisable from the previous incarnation and it doesn't have that cold cavernous feel to it. The new bar for the circle/boxes in the former Shakespeare room is pretty fancy and will enjoy a few tipples in that!

It's a really fantastic job they've done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't want to say too much as I'm sure the Opera House want to keep most details for the proper reveal.

Suffice to say it's chalk and cheese, the place has been transformed. The extension is unrecognisable from the previous incarnation and it doesn't have that cold cavernous feel to it. The new bar for the circle/boxes in the former Shakespeare room is pretty fancy and will enjoy a few tipples in that!

It's a really fantastic job they've done.
Nice. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

·
22,182 Posts
Expecting this awful addition to Bedford Street to be knocked and replaced...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh you meant the building on Gt. Victoria Street. I was thinking of the Inland Revenue building on Wellington Place.

Not sure what's happening to that.
Yes I’ve just checked it’s Dorchester house it was bought last year by Andras House. Apparently they are converting it to grade a office space and adding two floors (which would make it 12 stories tall) however they haven’t submitted their planning application or even a pre planning notice yet. Strange that work seems to be starting.
I hope they retain its shape as it’s an interesting building.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Irish News reporting a new developer is to take on the proposed apartments between the Boat and McHughs. Wil be a 15 storey tower.

Consultation site to launch on 29 March.

QueensSqConsultation.com

This was the most recent proposal for the site:

I’ve been waiting on this one. I think we need symmetry with the roof of the boat if the building is to be of a similar height.

7781 - 7800 of 7852 Posts