Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 558 Posts

·
Yep
3,815 Posts
nope.

As I was about to post in 7...

'It's just the rumour millin overdrive birminghamculture - there's nothing to say really.'

·
Yep
3,815 Posts
birminghamculture said:
Explain what ;)

We couldnt get a recap of everything thats happening in and around the city could we, everythings all so confusing at the moment :cheers:
wasnt saying nope to this btw

·
Sense Offender
552 Posts
Talking of development recaps, the brum development summary thread could do with being updated. Although Dee never seems to be around anymore, so i don't know who would do it.

·
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, been quite encouraging so far this year....well the last few months.

RECENT NEWS
Park central Tower A new glass spirral residential tower at 27 floors and upto 90m
Mailbox Extension Option of new 28 storwy tower by Glenn Howells Architect about 85m
New City Park Gate Tower Planning permission applied to increase height of resi tower from 14 floors to 23 floors (around 70m)
Peat House New 14 storey office tower in business district replacing a horrid 1980's block

COMMING SOON
Masshouse First phase now under construction
Rotunda reclad to start any day.

...AND GOODBYE
Post and Mail Tower Demolition started to build replacement
Natwest Tower ...sometime soon
Haddon Tower to be replaced with bigger and better things!

·
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, was skimming through this weeks estate gizette and it had a section on the old science museum site.

it looks huge and will act as a gateway into the jewellry qtr and is at max 8 floors tal....... it will be mainly offices but also hotels, restaurants, shops and 280 apartments..... this is pretty much the other side of the canal to islington gate..... this area sohould be wicked and feel like an extension to brindley place!

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
gothicform said:
gothicform - reference to gothic forms in architecture by the way half the people mispell like that.

ummm, stuff is starting. the willis building is u/c now, ontario tower at new providence wharf, there's gonna be a lot more action before the end of the year, projects we've spent so long talking about are coming online such as columbus tower, broadgate i hear is set for a late 2005 early 2006 start. remember there's only 32 buildings over 100m complete in london right now and that includes ones like the london eye and battersea power station.

some skyscrapers are in competition for height, not all. when the bank holiday is over, a great example will be on my site for birmingham. with resis they want the tallest penthouses in the area which is a great selling point.
Very interesting :cheers:

·
Yep
3,815 Posts
woodhousen said:
BTW, was skimming through this weeks estate gizette and it had a section on the old science museum site.

it looks huge and will act as a gateway into the jewellry qtr and is at max 8 floors tal....... it will be mainly offices but also hotels, restaurants, shops and 280 apartments..... this is pretty much the other side of the canal to islington gate..... this area sohould be wicked and feel like an extension to brindley place!
I loved the old science museum, but the state of disrepair the old building has fallen into is depressing. Good to see something is being done with the site at least.

·
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it was meant to be happening to the site about 2 years ago but the developers fell out with the council i think!

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
caw123 said:
Yep very intriguing, gothicform tells me of good things to come for Brum!
Lets hope so, I know Richardsons, (if thats true) has always wanted to build tall, they once planned a 2000ft tower for the Black Country believe it or not, but it never came to fruitation, hopefully this will be something big and not a 10 storey 30m pansie building ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Saw a piece about that weaver site on granville street on the planning site. It is to contain 52 flats, doesn't sound much I know but the site isn't very large so we could be looking at 6 stories. although not a scraper it should have more hight than some of the residential builds around there.

·
Brummie & Proud
2,976 Posts
There are two developments diagonally oposite on Holliday Street / Granville Street. One is by Image Homes (whom I have never heard of) the images on the hoarding for this are those by BLB Architects http://www.blb-architects.co.uk/. The other site is by David Wilson Homes and we should expect fairly classy modern but not a real landmark (see the visuals for George Street as an example).

On a slightly different subject the Skyline scheme by KingsOak is definitely the Old Gala Club site on Bath Row as a board has now gone up.

Finally there appears to have been a start on phase II of Postbox (they have a small piling rig on site and there is also a notice closure of the parking bays oposite for 18 months and they are fabricating concrete barriers in preparation for closing the pavement). Has anyone seen any visuals for this new phase, should we expect more of the same slightly bland but inoffensive design scheme?

·
Registered
174 Posts
jolon said:
Talking of development recaps, the brum development summary thread could do with being updated. Although Dee never seems to be around anymore, so i don't know who would do it.

Yeah sorry about that, i will do a update at the end of next month when things clear up for me and i think by the looks of things we could have a decent amount of development news over the coming weeks.

any pics Neil??? Hopefully we could get some progress on the old science museum site as its a big project but its been quiet for too long now.

Originally Posted by gothicform

some skyscrapers are in competition for height, not all. when the bank holiday is over, a great example will be on my site for birmingham. with resis they want the tallest penthouses in the area which is a great selling point.

what all this about then????

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
Dee said:
what all this about then????
The old Tramps Nightclub site! Gothics been playing us all weekend although the site is suppose to be a major mixed use scheme, and considering the size of the plot we could expect something in comparison to HCT me thinks (but the way Gothic is talking about it, I personally think it will be bigger)

Im hopefull

·
Registered
399 Posts
woodhousen said:
Ok, been quite encouraging so far this year....well the last few months.

RECENT NEWS
Park central Tower A new glass spirral residential tower at 27 floors and upto 90m
New City Park Gate Tower Planning permission applied to increase height of resi tower from 14 floors to 23 floors (around 70m)

These 2 seem to have slipped past me completely. Is Park Central the one near HCT? and is City Park Gate the proposal in East Side?

1 - 20 of 558 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.