SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
This is my first time starting a thread...so plz don't hate....

The reason why i started this is becasue we hear ENOUGH about toronto high-rises...but there is LOTS going on in mississauga now with condos and proposals and such...so if anyone wants to throw down some info...that would be greatly apreciated....I'm interested in those new parkside village condos that are in proposal right now...i've been looking for some pics but no luck...I'm also looking for some absolute condo pics aswell with sum info..i've been trying to look...but i'm out of luck...It's a worthy topic, because lots is going like i said b4. Even clarkson has a few high-rise proposals now...so it's getting real heavy now with construction...TY for posting... :runaway:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Parkside Village is the Amacon development with five towers from the 40-50 storey range.
Here's the list of proposals for Mississauga:
Amacon 1: 50s
Amacon 2: 45s
Amacon 3: 45s
Amacon 4: 40s
Amacon 5: 40s
Capital 3: 38s
Absolute3: 38s
Solstice 1: 38s
Solstice 2: 38s

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for the postings...i like to keep my knowledge up to date....I know about how the size is in stories...but does anyone have some info on how tall the proposed height of these building are going to be in meters?

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"Parkside Village is the Amacon development with five towers from the 40-50 storey range."

Parkside Village has actually over 20 towers

"but does anyone have some info on how tall the proposed height of these building are going to be in meters?"

I doubt it - most of the heights posted for toronto buildings are from online planning documents which Mississauga doesn't do

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skyscraper17 said:
Whoa Mississauga will become a real city, not just a suburban.
well think about it...it's a simple concept really...before hamilton and toronto were the two big cities in southern ontario...but with all the urban growth and the construction booming....there is all of this sprawl type stuff happening....eventually oakville and burlington are gonna start to get really large in population also...then caledon and prolly st.catherines...lol...who knows whta's gonna happen

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
parkside village

BUILDINGS

1 - 50 Storey Building (154 M) - south of Princess of Wales Blvd. and Confederation Parkway.

2 - 45 Storey Buildings (139 M) - south corner of Burnhamthrope and Confederation Parkway and north of Princess of Wales.

12 - Low Rise Buildings of 4 - 8 Storeys

6 - Medium Buildings of 11 - 24 Storeys

9 - High Rise buildings of 26 - 40

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx valantino....okay with all that noted...what going on with the capital and eden park....there is no height in meters proposed for those....i've tried looking all over...but they just say it in stoires...but stories dun mean much to me...like i said before...and i think they are a few clarkson high rises proposed or in the works of being proposed...but i'm not sure...i saw a few of those signs off southdown road...and lakeshore saying that they were building high rises....plus they said something about demolishing that old canadian tire automart and building a condo there....is any of this true

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Emporis is wrong. There is only one 50 story tower. Here are all the proposals in Misss excluding the ones in Clarkson that you mentioned:

Parkside Village 1 - 50
Parkside Village 2 - 45
Parkside Village 3 - 45
Parkside Village 4 - 40
Parkside Village 5 - 40
Solstice 1 - 38
Solstice 2 - 38
One Park Tower - 38
Absolute Vision - 38
Grand Ovation - 34
204 Enfield Place - 33
Eden Park 2 - 33
Eden Park 3 - 33
25 Hillcrest Avenue - 26
St. Lawrence 3 - 25
St. Lawrence 4 - 25
Universal 1 - 22
St. Lawrence 1 - 22
Tuscany Gates - 18
Papillion Place 3 - 18
Papillion Place 4 - 18
St. Lawrence 2 - 18
75 Britannia Road West - 14
Village Terraces 3 - 12
Parkside Village 6 - 26+
Parkside Village 7 - 26+
Parkside Village 8 - 26+
Parkside Village 9 - 26+
Parkside Village 10 - 26+
Parkside Village 11 - 26+
Parkside Village 12 - 11-25
Parkside Village 13 - 11-25
Parkside Village 14 - 11-25
Parkside Village 15 - 11-25
Parkside Village 16 - 11-25
Parkside Village 17 - 11-25
Central Park 4 - ?
Central Park 5 - ?
Central Park 6 - ?
Absolute City Centre 4 - ?
Absolute City Centre 5 - ?
Universal 2 - ?
Universal 3 - ?
1295 Rathburn Road West 1 - ?
1295 Rathburn Road West 2 - ?
1295 Rathburn Road West 3 - ?

No doubt that there are several proposals along the Eglinton Ave corridor as well.

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i know that emporis is a piece of crap...i think it's impossible that they have everything exact....if possible can anyone show me sum better site...where thye have much more stuff in the mississauga area....EMPORIS is very generalized and is not that useful for me.

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh and another thing a wan to know what everyone thinks of citygate...i think it's looks like crap in the daytime....i hope something surpasses that soon.....that thin dominates the skyline now...but saddly it looks like one of those.....cheap out buildings...but maybe i'm, wrong........................................................................................anyone?

1 - 20 of 508 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.