SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
YIMBYer.no
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the Oslo meet is concluded it's time to show you who wasn't there how it all went down.

All participants are welcome to submit photos.

I'll just start off with some teasers:

City view from Ekebergrestauranten

BBQ at Sinsen Panorama, big thanks to Ingenioren:cheers:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
^^ Wow, even I knew that. I thought Freki had met all you guys. Anyhow, looking forward for more photos :tongue3:

·
12,320 Posts
Too bad i could not attend this except for Friday evening and a very short 1.5 hour on Sunday. And that was when the weather sucked, looks like you had a heck of a good time on Saturday with fantastic weather!

So just a few pics of Operakvarteret (Barcode) to start with.
You guys probably have a lot more fruitful pictures from Saturday!

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
^^

You must have a very nice camera to get so very nice pictures in such weather, my pictures arn't even close to that in perfect sun! :)

The last building must be one of the nicest buildings I've ever seen in Scandinavia, absolutely love it!

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
Thanks for a great meeting everyone! Not many showed up, but all that did got to see a lot of our city, and had a great time!:cheers:

Sort of an update light by me today. I'm not by my usual computer, and won't be for a couple of days. Pics will probably be reuploaded in the usual IceCheese-format later (with the tag, and everything). Not that I have that many pics eitherway, being an Oslo'er:lol: I've got quite a batch from Drammen though, which will be posted later.

These first are from Vaterland, downtown east. Pictures from Saturday

Building detail

Looking east, over to the other side of the river, is Grønland and Grønland subwaystation

Looking west is Brugata, a short pedestrian street

Enjoying a break in the hot weather. Poor forumer Ingenioren seems to be a bit tired:lol:

Best way to experience weather: as a reflection in a glass building!

Later in the evening, at the skybar of Scandinavia hotel (and yes, I chose the picture where all's eyes are closed!:D)

The great view from Swede's hotel. Just opened this year, in the midst of downtown. Pics from sunday with all the rain, showing Grensen

Pic showing Pilestredet

And a tram-shot from Torshov!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The great view from Swede's hotel. Just opened this year, in the midst of downtown. Pics from sunday with all the rain, showing Grensen
Was there some kind of rooftop terrace, or is the photo from the hotel room? How was the hotel? Would be fun to here Swede's comment on that. It is a small hotel, so I guess its just the rooms, a lobby and a small restaurant/bar?

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
Was there some kind of rooftop terrace, or is the photo from the hotel room? How was the hotel? Would be fun to here Swede's comment on that. It is a small hotel, so I guess its just the rooms, a lobby and a small restaurant/bar?
This is from the room in the 7th floor. The hotel is quite nice, bit it's not small. The building has a small footprint, and the hotel are very arealeffektive, but 100 rooms is something you would expect in a medium sized hotel.

·
forumer #29
4,570 Posts
no terrace at all afaik, the room was on the top floor - and a corner-room! possibly the best room in the building! The room was a bit small, but since I'm not holding a banquet... it was a perfect size. Bigger would just mean pricier. The resturant/breakfast area is on the -1 floor, with a opening to the ebtrence floor near the bar area (of the entrence level). I really liked the hotel and would recomend it. the only real concern was that the traffic (mostly tram) noise did get in a bit so if you want total silence this ain't the place. less noise than my appartment here in Sthlm tho.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts