Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
User Registered
4,841 Posts
looking at various pics throughout the previous thread, the office building is not at all very bi, in fact it isnt even as big as RSA. there are still 3 floors to be added but they wont make much of a difference. on the other hand the residential building is only 1/3 rd done so that looks like it is going to be masive.

·
Liverpool, England.
12,682 Posts
The office tower is only going to be 17 mikes, although I suspect that the floor to ceiling height will be greater than for RSA (to accommodate computer flooring and air conditioning). The residential tower will be 28 mikes and therefore quite a bit taller than RSA - although dwarfed by West Tower.

·
Keltlandia
8,877 Posts
I'm actually getting quite excited about Unity now. I know it was always going to be bigger than the renders showed but it was easy to forget. The fact it's looking rather high now and isn't nearly finished shows how big this building will be. It should make that area look much more dense and busier a should presume.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Unity will be ace when finished.............

Gareth said:
I'm actually getting quite excited about Unity now. I know it was always going to be bigger than the renders showed but it was easy to forget. The fact it's looking rather high now and isn't nearly finished shows how big this building will be. It should make that area look much more dense and busier a should presume.
Gareth, three very important landmarks still to reach, first is the completion of the concrete frame up to 27 storey`s, second is the start of the cladding which will shows us all just what this "chequer "finish look like and third is the building of "my" :) penthouse port a cabin. I just know this building will be talked about as much if not more that my favorite car park across the road in Princes Dock.

·
3,362 Posts
Wed, 1/06/05

The office core can now clearly be seen from Sandhills.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
?

:dunno: Current issue of Move magazine is advertising a ready to view apartment. The pic shows a couple looking out towards the Mersey with the Liver Bldg to the left:dunno:

·
Lifer Pol
121 Posts
scouserdave said:
:dunno: Current issue of Move magazine is advertising a ready to view apartment. The pic shows a couple looking out towards the Mersey with the Liver Bldg to the left:dunno:

Me and the girlfriend saw an advert in the Echo a couple of years ago advertising a show apartment at City Quay (near the Britannia pub). We were just starting househunting at the time and thought it would be a good idea to take a look (didnt realise they were going for £199,000!!).

When we got there the 'show apartment' was just a portakabin that had been furnished and decorated how one of the actual apartments might look when finished. It was crap and i've since found out that the actual apartments look nothing like the show apartments in the portakabin!

My guess is that thats what they're doing at Unity.

The pic used in Your Move magazine is probably just computer generated.

·
User Registered
4,841 Posts
i rekon the top of the office service core will be the height of the cabin on the crane where the work man sits on the middle crane. ie the tallest 1

1 - 20 of 273 Posts