SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let me start this thread with a few pictures of my own, but everyone who participated should add his/her own pictures too!

I am quite devastated as one of my CF cards got corrupted, and I lost about 50 of my pictures.. :( All my sunset pictures are gone... :eek:hno:

Love lockdown?

Parliament.

King Mindaugas.

Cathedral.

A big cat lurking in Gediminas Castle.

St. Casimir's Church.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
i was waiting for this thread to show up :) great photos DD!
Feel free to post more! :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rainbow over the monument for the 1991 TV tower defenders.

Gediminas Castle and the TV tower.

Green Bridge with the New City Center in the background.

Vilnius Airport Terminal.

Sea of commie-blocks.

Electricity Building and Mindaugas Bridge.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
So great to see another bunch of photos! It is soooo sad that you have lost 50 of your photos. Hope those several which you made standing on Mindaugas bridge are still alive :) Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Great job, DD :eek:kay:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, all.

@Big Cat: The pictures from the bridge as well as the sunset ones and the ones from the hill near Belmontas were among those lost... :(

Radisson BLU Astorija Hotel.

Mermaid in the Uzupis Republic.

IceCheese is looking for a suitable place for his new love padlock while Big Cat is regretting he threw away the key to his.

Best skyline in the Nordics and Baltics.

Reval Hotel Lietuva at night (where we stayed).

Nice building on Gediminas Avenue.

·
planquadrat
10,301 Posts
What a great pleasure to see photos of Vilnius taken by a non-local photographer :)

DD, how did you enjoy the view from the TV Tower? I guess it's no much short of Pyongyang :D... but I actually like it. Looks so urban and big from up there. My commieblock can also be seen somewhere in that mass of concrete (although not in your picture, it's just slightly to the right at the top, far far away).

Waiting for more! :)

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Great photos guys - the place looks lovely!

I hope to see some from when alcohol was involved :D

@DD - I think there a programs that can reconstruct data on broken memory cards - it may be worth looking into..

I haven't try so I can't recommend any program by a google search gave a lot of options..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@muster: Thanks!

@Pansori: Yeah, I think Vilnius looks much bigger than it actually is. Maybe I caught your block in another picture.

@FREKI: Thanks. I figured there would be something like that. I am just wondering if it will be worth it, or if anyone can recommend a tool to correct broken data on a CF card.

I think most of my pictures involved some level of alcohol considering all the bars and restaurants we went to.... but I guess you want to see some embarrassing ones... ;)

View of the Old Town.

Palace of Rulers from above.

Palace of Rulers at night.

Three bears eating chocolate on Gediminas Avenue.

Vilnius from above...?

Mantas, IceCheese, Big Cat, and SEAfan under the rainbow at Belmontas.

·
Scandi-friendly
7,733 Posts
Here comes finally my first dose of pictures. I'm sorry for taking such time! All the pictures are from Friday evening, this time. The rest will come later:) I don't want to drown you either:nuts:

We start at a building I have forgotten the name of:bash:

This picture was to absurd to not be included. Forumer Big Cat and a rainbow

Looking up Gediminas Avenue

The end of Gediminas Avenue

The mandatory "cathedral with tower"-picture

Presidential palace

Courtyard of presidential palace

This nice courtyard is part of the University of Vilnius

Nice, narrow streets in oldtown

The main square with Vilnius city hall

The Radisson BLU

St. Casimir's Church

Old ruins

This marks the beginning of the Užupis republic, or artists republic.

This building makes lack of maintanance look good

Angel of Užupis

The lovely view from Torres restaurant

Gediminas castle at half past ten

I can promise more pictures of forumers later...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
At last, the photos of IceCheese. Great job :eek:kay: Waiting for the next bunch of them.

Mantas, you lasy-ass, where is your photos? :)

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Very nice, looking forward to see more from the meet! :)

Too bad about that CF card DD, happend to the most of us sometimes, and it sucks big time. :(

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, IceCheese. Finally, I'm not the only one posting pictures from the meet-up!

@Big Cat: Thanks, man!

@Þróndeimr: Thanks, yeah, I know it happened to you too... :( It sucks... Did you use any program to try to fix it? If so, what did you use and how were the results?

Funicular to the castle hill.

Cathedral.

Lithuanian Coca-Cola (based on bread!)

Rainbow over Vilnius.

Vilnius Airport.

Another nice building on Gediminas Avenue.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
@Þróndeimr: Thanks, yeah, I know it happened to you too... :( It sucks... Did you use any program to try to fix it? If so, what did you use and how were the results?
I tried several recovery programs that were supose to be the best. Nothing helped though, but you should try them just in case the card isn't as broken as it might appear to be. I have one last option, send the card to a professional firm that recover things from destroyed datas, but that costs a fortune. Recovery of my 8GB card would have costed more than a flight ticket back to HK...

·
planquadrat
10,301 Posts
Thanks for posting your pics guys. I see the SBA/Green Hall building seen from TV tower blends in nicely in the overall highrise view.

DenverDane said:
Lithuanian Coca-Cola (based on bread!)
The drink is known worldwide as "kvass" (or kwass) although in Lithuania it's called "gira". Did you try it? How was it? I personaly love it much better than any of the soft fizzy drinks. It's like an alternative to beer if you don't want to get drunk.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts