SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks goes out to orlandoskyscrapers.com for the info!

Details:

Located at SW
Intersection of Colonial
Drive and I-4.

3 New Towers and
redevelopment/expansion
of 14 Story Holiday Inn
Hotel.

Office Tower is closest to
Colonial and Residential
Towers are taller in rear.

1,500 Residential Units

100,000 sq ft Office

70,000 sq ft Retail

BBARCH Architects

·
Registered
192 Posts
yea, this is really sweet
it's just too much in the preliminaries for me to get excited. No financial backing, no official announcement... and too large for me to think it's definately going to happen.
Still, I'm gonna cross my fingers cuz this would do WONDERS for parramore, and add to the density that's forming on the other side of I-4.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hmm according to an insider over at UP, this project is "definately getting built". Apparently it's too early to release details tho... I'm certainly curious as to what's driving this. I would assume it's tied into Dyer's arena area development plan.
Whatever it is, I hope it's priced for the middle class. If it's luxury condo's going up in that part of town, I can already bet it'd be dead in the water.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
agreed, Hisma. I'll believe it when I see it. also, on a similar note. I heard from a prominent developer in O-town last month that Tradition Towers lost its financing. Whether its true or not remains to be seen.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
I don't think he wanted his name posted on an international forum...

He could be right. look at the 55W delays and the cancelled deposits. They should have broke ground in '03. If Tradition is sold out, where's the sales center at? I haven't read any articles reflecting that. Hey, I hope its sold out and gets built.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
Dale, I agree. That's the last I'll speak of it. It just reminded me of when Rosen scoffed at the prospect of that Carlson 3,000 room hotel going up on Westwood and their ability to get financing. He knew then they wouldn't. I figured this might be a similar situation. BTW, I hope TT goes thru.

·
Florida
1,295 Posts
Maybe Orlando's hotel market is becoming too saturated with new buildings. Even with a resurgent tourism industry, I have a feeling supply might be outpacing demand.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
Could be. but the effects of 9/11 hurt new hotel projects moreso from the financing aspect b/c occupancy rates fell to 70% or so compared to Vegas which held at 90%+ during that time. amazing.

Banks said- forget it- regarding new projects. look at Peabody. Only the large companies like Rosen who've got local clout and could probably self-finance to a degree are moving forward now (Shingle creek). and then theres the chicken and egg debacle over the OCCC and hotels across the street and the convention booking falacy-- some shows wont come 'cause there aren't enough rooms within a walking distance...

There are some new developments nearby combining hotel/condos and timeshares/retail which could spurn new developments. That area is changing.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
Filled for Chapter 11 bankrupcy, but rumors if the arena is built the City place will become a reality in the future.
By the same bankrupt developer or by another developer that has bought the property?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts