Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil and natural gas reserves have been 'confirmed' in Eritrea

In their annual African Economic Outlook, the African Development Bank states there is confirmed presence of commercially viable reserves of oil and natural gas in Eritrea.

"In addition, geological studies have confirmed the presence of oil and natural-gas reserves in commercial quantities."

The news comes five months after a group of British businessmen led by former UK conservative Chairman Michael Howard arrived in Eritrea to explore investment opportunities in the exploration of hydrocarbon and natural resource in the country.

Eritrea has been tight-lipped about the presence of oil and natural gas, but during a 2009 interview with Awsat, President Isaias Afwerki did reveal there is a "large reserve (of oil)" in the country.

Regionally, Kenya, Uganda, Sudan, South Sudan, and Somalia are at different stages of extraction of petroleum after foreign companies discovered commercially viable oil and gas in their respective countries.
:banana::banana:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good news, the reserves must be substantial considering Eritrea's close proximity to oil-rich Saudi Arabia.
the saudi oil fields are actually in or around the persian gulf. Where most of the oil Kuwait,Saudi,Iran,Iaq,UAE,Qatar,Bahrain are found. Southern Saudi Arabia doesn't have that much oil.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I wasn't referring to their operating oil-fields, but their reserves. If it continues into Eritrea's landmass or even their offshore territory, we might have an African Qatar in the near future:

From the 2D and 3D seismic surveys data accumulated since 2009, Saudi Aramco estimates that Red Sea oil and gas reserves could add 100 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) to the 267 billion boe of proven reserves currently declared by Saudi Arabia.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eritrea is part of Red Sea Oil & Gas 2015 Summit in Dubai

The Red Sea Oil & Gas 2015 Summit, taking place in Dubai, will be a high profile meeting providing exclusive industry insights into the investment, exploration, production and infrastructure landscape in the Red Sea including Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan.

The Red Sea Basin has proven to be rich in hydrocarbons and represents a major transit point between Asia, Europe and Africa. The prospect of multiple offshore fields combined with the development of major onshore processing hubs is attracting more and more international companies looking for opportunities on the Red Sea region. The province encompasses the Red Sea, Gulf of Suez, Gulf of Aqaba, and adjacent coastal areas, a total area of about 486,000 very promising square kilometres.

Under the guidance of a strong advisory committee, composed by Governmental officials, senior level executives from international and national oil companies along with experienced academics, the Red Sea Oil & Gas 2015 Summit will address questions, the geological landscape onshore and offshore the region, upcoming projects, latest strategies and regulations of a highly promising land. This platform of discussion and exchange will allow you to better understand how to get involved in this oil-rich region.

The IRN Oil & Gas portfolio has established an excellent international reputation and we pride ourselves on delivering the most up-to-date information. Moreover, our 5* setting will provide the perfect platform to network with the executive representatives, as well as top contractors and major companies from the oil and gas industry

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^^ CONTINUED

November 05, 2014 (Dubai) – International Research Networks (IRN) – a business information group and organiser of senior level summits and high-profile business events – announced the Red Sea Oil & Gas Summit 2015 from 23-24 February 2015 in Dubai. The group organizes summits in the four key areas: Oil & Gas, Security, Infrastructure & Construction, and Commodity Trading.

Among the guest speakers will be Teklehamanot Debretsion, Head of Energy and Hydrocarbons, Ministry of Energy & Mines of Eritrea, according to summit organizers. Eritrea presentation is titled, “Understanding Eritrea’s potential as one of the most unexplored countries in the world”.

According to summit organizers Eritrea is one of the most unexplored yet promising areas left in the word, having a government to be strongly encouraging investments from foreign oil companies, with a recently rebuild infrastructure, new economic strategies, and the Eritrean Red Sea to have the classic features of oil richness and existing oil seeps on the islands of the Dahlak archipelago, and along the coast.

The summit is said to provide exclusive industry insights into the investment, exploration, production and infrastructure landscape in the Red Sea including Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan. On the first day of the summit each of the countries will be introduced by a keynote address.

The Red Sea Basin has proven to be rich in hydrocarbons and represents a major transit point between Asia, Europe and Africa. The prospect of multiple offshore fields combined with the development of major onshore processing hubs is attracting more and more international companies looking for opportunities on the Red Sea region, organizers said.

The province encompasses the Red Sea, Gulf of Suez, Gulf of Aqaba, and adjacent coastal areas, a total area of about 486,000 very promising square kilometers.

Under the guidance of a strong advisory committee, composed by Governmental officials, senior level executives from international and national oil companies along with experienced academics, the Red Sea Oil & Gas 2015 Summit will address questions, the geological landscape onshore and offshore the region, upcoming projects, latest strategies and regulations of a highly promising land.

“This platform of discussion and exchange will allow you to better understand how to get involved in this oil-rich region”, IRN said “The IRN Oil & Gas portfolio has established an excellent international reputation and we pride ourselves on delivering the most up-to-date information. Moreover, our 5* setting will provide the perfect platform to network with the executive representatives, as well as top contractors and major companies from the oil and gas industry.”

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
the whole of east africa is a giant oil and gas tank.
it has been regarded as the least developed region in the world. but this is gonna change soon.

Reactions: AfricanIdeals

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
I think that "dictator" did/is doing a great job when it comes to mining, and other resources.
Its good to discover and start developing them....Much more is needed to know that the people are benefit that.

The dictator needs to libelarize/ reform the economy into being a competitive for the people to really benefit, instead of the politbureau only.

Its not good when young people are running away from the country. don't forget that they are the future.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Its good to discover and start developing them....Much more is needed to know that the people are benefit that.

The dictator needs to libelarize/ reform the economy into being a competitive for the people to really benefit, instead of the politbureau only.

Its not good when young people are running away from the country. don't forget that they are the future.
You have no idea how many of the red seas Afars have been systematically mass murdered, terrorized, raped and intimidated to expedite the finance of their dictators compulsion which- is solely dependent on mining and mining on the red sea afars territory of the dankil depression to be exact. Their anguish is a far cry but that will change along with efdre i swear it
http://ease.dankalia.org/upholding_human_rights
http://www.ehrea.org/Afar Genocide in Eritrea.pdf
http://aigaforum.com/articles/Red-sea-ethnic-cleansing-petition.pdf
http://www.sudantribune.com/spip.php?article52023
http://bahrenegash.com/index.php?p=articles&ref=463
http://sudantribune.com/spip.php?article47531

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have no idea how many of the red seas Afars have been systematically mass murdered, terrorized, raped and intimidated to expedite the finance of their dictators compulsion which- is solely dependent on mining and mining on the red sea afars territory of the dankil depression to be exact. Their anguish is a far cry but that will change along with efdre i swear it
:eek:hno::eek:hno: .....I dont go on ethiopia forums and talk about all the harm you guys do to your own people, idk why you feel you can do that here. But whatever.

PLUS YOUR WRONG BECAUSE WHERE MINING TAKES PLACE ISN'T NO WHERE NEAR THE RED SEA/AFARS!!! ....maybe next time

you unfortunately have too much hate in your heart that when something positive like a substantial amount of gas and oil are found in eritrea you feel the need to hate..... smh

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
I didn't mean to bring the flames out...Im talking about the information i got from Eritreans in the Diaspora. these guys are very nationalistic (or patriotic if you waant) who told me the stories. I didn't read them anywhere.

Even Mr Eritrea (the vetran forumer here) stressed a lot on that situation of young people running away because of the military service. I think the number of years in service needs to be reduced to something like 1 year max for conscripts.

i I spent a good amount of time near Eritreans. very passionate, patriotic nad hard working people. Eritrea would benefit a lot of their diaspora like Lebanon does, IMO is social economic and political situation improves in term of freedom., moreover it has such a noce geo location for it economic development.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
:eek:hno::eek:hno: .....I dont go on ethiopia forums and talk about all the harm you guys do to your own people, idk why you feel you can do that here. But whatever.

PLUS YOUR WRONG BECAUSE WHERE MINING TAKES PLACE ISN'T NO WHERE NEAR THE RED SEA/AFARS!!! ....maybe next time

you unfortunately have too much hate in your heart that when something positive like a substantial amount of gas and oil are found in eritrea you feel the need to hate..... smh

Well I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities but the brutal ethnic cleansing of your government on the red sea afars will not go utold . And no,,,, Ethiopia is a federal republic with 80 ethnic groups, Eritrea is a totalitarian state with 9 concocted ''ethnic groups'', let that sink in for a while before you talk about harming "your own people" and you of all should speak softly about about kinship because a once upon a time story... where in 1869 a certain Afar chief called Ibrahim selling Assab to the Italian Rubattino Shipping Company which was later in 1882 being agglomerated to Italy does not make them your people. 80% of Afars live in Ethiopia and they will return to where they belong,, to where they are not prosecuted and obstracized for what is under their feet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities but the brutal ethnic cleansing of your government on the red sea afars will not go utold . And no,,,, Ethiopia is a federal republic with 80 ethnic groups, Eritrea is a totalitarian state with 9 concocted ''ethnic groups'', let that sink in for a while before you talk about harming "your own people" and you of all should speak softly about about kinship because a once upon a time story... where in 1869 a certain Afar chief called Ibrahim selling Assab to the Italian Rubattino Shipping Company which was later in 1882 being agglomerated to Italy does not make them your people. 80% of Afars live in Ethiopia and they will return to where they belong,, to where they are not prosecuted and obstracized for what is under their feet.
Dude..please take your input about the current state of eritrea too our eritrean political page. And i think i speak for the rest of the people on here when i say I am tired of making any ERITREAN page into an Eritrea vs Ethiopia debate so unless you have something to say about the recent developments about oil and gas in eritrea.....I ask the MODZ to transfer Lalibela comments to the political page.

***Side note when i go on the ethiopian forums i dont bring negativity to any productive thing going on in ethiopia i would hope you will begin to do the same. Otherwise i will begin to raid Ethiopia's lack of freedom and oppression to Ogden/Oromos/Amhara people as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts