Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although Africa is one of the biggest oil producer in the world,its the continent which have the least capacity for refinering.

Algeria

* Arzew Refinery (Sonatrach), 54,000 bpd
* El Harrach Refinery (Sonatrach), 59,000 bpd
* Skikda Refinery (Sonatrach), 323,000 bpd
* Hassi Messaoud Refinery (Sonatrach), 27,000 bpd

Angola

* Luanda Refinery (Petrofina), 39,000 bpd

Cameroon

* Limbe Refinery (SONARA), 42,000 bpd

Congo

* Pointe Noire Refinery (CORAF), 21,000 bpd

Côte d'Ivoire

* Abidjan Refinery (SMB), 65,000 bpd

Egypt

* Alexandria MIDOR Refinery (MIDOR), 100,000 bpd
* Wadi Feiran Refinery, 10,000 bpd
* Suez Refinery, 86,000 bpd
* El-Nasr, 146,000 bpd
* Amerya Refinery, 78,000 bpd
* Assiut Refinery, 47,000 bpd
* Cairo Refinery, 145,000 bpd
* Tanta Refinery, 35,000 bpd
* Alexandria Refinery, 100,000 bpd

Gabon

* Sogara Refinery (Total/Shell/Agip), 21,000 bpd

Ghana

* Tema Refinery (TORC), 45,000 bpd

Kenya

* Mombasa Refinery (Kenya Petroleum), 90,000 bpd

Libya

* Zawia Refinery (NOC), 120,000 bpd
* Ras Lanuf Refinery (NOC), 220,000 bpd
* El-Brega Refinery (NOC), 10,000 bpd
* Tobruk Refinery (NOC), 20,000 bpd
* Sarir Refinery (NOC), 10,000 bpd

Morocco

* Samir Mohammedia Refinery (Corral Holdings), 104,900 bpd
* Samir Sidi Kacem Refinery (Corral Holdings), 50,000 bpd

Nigeria

* Port Harcourt Refinery (PHRC), 210,000 bpd
* Warri Refinery (WRPG), 125,000 bpd
* Kaduna Refinery (KRPC), 110,000 bpd

South Africa

* Sapref Durban Refinery (Shell/BP), 172,000 bpd
* Petronas Durban Refinery (Petronas), 125,000 bpd
* Caltex Capetown Refinery (Caltex(Chevron)), 110,000 bpd
* Natref Sasolburg Refinery (Sasol/Total), 87,500 bpd

Sudan

* Khartoum Refinery (CNPC,Sudapet), 100,000 bpd
* El Gily Refinery (CNPC), 50,000 bpd
* Port Sudan Refinery (CNPC), 21,700 bpd
* El Obeid Refinery (CNPC), 10,000 bpd

Tunisia

* Bizerte Refinery (STIR), 34,000 bpd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_refineries#.5B.5BSudan.5D.5D

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Inertia; said:
Which country is the largest refiner?
The top 4 refiners in Africa appears to be:-

Egypt---------747,000 bpd
South Africa---494,500 bpd
Algeria--------463,000 bpd
Nigeria--------445,000 bpd

I would expect Nigeria to shoot up to the top of the list as more investments pour into Nigeria
to improve refining capacity and Niger Delta gets sorted out.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
SANE Top The List.

Go Sane.:banana:

S(outh Africa) A(lgeria) N(igeria) E(gypt)

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Aliko Dangote has signed an agreement with the Nigerian Government to build a 320,000 bpd Refinery in Lagos. When completed it will be the largest in Nigeria.

He has bought 51% of the Port Harcourt Refinery, so The Guy has more than enough money to build the proposed refinery in Lagos.

·
Registered
914 Posts
gud news tbite...where did u find dat out...n it wasnt jst him tht bought the portharcourt refinery but a consortium of people called bluestar inclusive of himself, femi otedola n others financial institutions

·
Registered
991 Posts
New Oil Refinery

It will be built in Dakhla by a Bahreini group and it's going to be the third one after the refineries of Mohammedia & Sidi Qacem

Maroc- Hydrocarbures : Un nouveau raffineur à Dakhla

Un groupe bahreini, qui appartiendrait à des membres de la famille royale, aurait obtenu l’autorisation d’installer à Dakhta (sud du Maroc) une unité de raffinage.

Pour un dirham symbolique, le groupe arabe aurait bénéficié d’un terrain de 280 hectares. Le chantier de construction de la raffinerie débutera vraisemblablement au mois de mars 2008.

Deux concurrents se seraient déjà lancés dans une bataille pour la construction de la raffinerie.

Il s’agirait du groupe Addoha qui investirait -pour la première fois- dans ce genre de projet.

Le deuxième opérateur serait le groupe récemment installé à Casablanca et appartenant au prince Al-Walid Ibn Talal.

Source: Challenge Hebdo

·
Expert
21,675 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Tbite,if I were you I wouldn't object Naija at this point 'cause your link says:Throwing more light on corruption in the oil industry, and NNPC in particular, Dangote, whose company has signed an agreement with the government to build a refinery in Lagos, which is the capacity of both Port Harcourt and Kaduna put together, said: "For the last eight years, the government has given NNPC about $700 million to refurbish the two refineries (Port Harcourt and Kaduna). That money wasn’t properly applied. And even after it was applied, the refineries are still not working. They are worth nothing."kaduna and port harcourt combined is going to be the new refinery capacity---which is 110bpd + 210bpd = 320bpd(simple arithmetic).

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Yes that is what said my initial post. But The refinery will most likely be Approximately the size of both refineries, not exactly 320,000 Billion Bpd. When such statements are made they aren't made based on official Specifications.

For example saying a new Highrise will be twice the size of a 100m building, doesn't mean it will e 200m, it could well be slightly under or above. The statement made in that article, was a preliminary statement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
REPLY: "The richest black person in the world" The Dangote Interview

Just one country Venezuela has 24 refineries compared to Africa's 40!!!!

REPLY: "The richest black person in the world" The Dangote Interview [MUST READ!!!!]
By Joseph Inyang
[email protected]

"There are too many people eating too much money right from importers, right from people within NNPC that are collecting bribes to allocate products. I am saying that because I know what I am saying. And I mean it. Collecting bribes to allocate products. The problem is, we have a troop of army of people, including people who are getting allocation of this and that. So everybody would come on board to fight us."
Full article here http://www.sunnewsonline.com/dangote-story.htm

This reply has to do with what I consider an emergency situation in Nigeria, Energy. We cannot
continue to put band-aids on the patient when we need surgery now!!!. So please use your good
offices to help us get a surgeon and lets us give the the nurse a rest till the surgeon is done. Again this reply is focused on
Energy and not other things covered by this article.

If people are corrupt or/and inefficient you fire them. That is true sense of leadership.
After 8 years, 240% increase in price (N11 to N65), 17 licenses granted, zero refineries
working and total dependent import. We must say that the Energy policy has been a total
failure. In most places the people responsible for this failures and continuing to push
this failed approach would have been fired at year 2.
If Dangote wanted to build refineries he should have done that long time ago.

Selling refineries does not bring the corrupt people to book for the corruption. So let him go on
TV, Newspaper, EFFC, National Assembly etc and name all these people and they should be put in prison and made to pay. I wait to hear from him on that account. Better yet the interviews MIKE AWOYINFA and DIMGBA IGWE should go back and collect the names. I bet you everyone in Nigeria will honor them and Dangote as hero and patriots!!!!

Finally, this plan is too small too late. We need to do what they call "leap frogging" in
technology terms. GSM is an example of that in telecom industry. The strategy I propose
is a "leap frog" strategy. Building a refinery the size of Warri and Port Harcourt is
still not looking at competing with the Exxon Mobil's of the world. I bet you not matter
how much money he has, it is little "chicken feed" compared to Exxon Mobil's $470+ Billion. This is were
the Nigerian government has the funds to start to compete and also has ability to make
laws which is priceless. Putin of Russian understood when he took back all the oil
companies that were given away for peanuts in Yelstin regime. We need to look at
Venezuela as an example, who in the 80s started to build a global company that was
government/public traded on stock market. "PDVSA the Venezuelan oil company today is among the leading corporations
in the refining business, with a petroleum processing capacity of 3,285,000 barrels a day
(1,285,000 barrels a day in Venezuela and 2 million barrels a day outside the country)
through 24 refineries: six complexes in Venezuela, one in the Caribbean, eight in the
United States and nine in Europe.

I would recommend three strategic steps to revolutionize our oil sector. For more
information visit us at http://nigeriansforsuperenergy.com/

1.NNPC should be come a government/public firm with part of it shares allocated for
Nigerians on the stock market for sale. This will provide the company with a new
direction and ownership need for the global challenges. By the way we have the money in
form of excess funds.

2.NNPC should go on a buying spree with the aid of government funds to buy (outright or
major) shares in refineries in Africa, China and United States. This will provide us with
immediate source of refined products, opportunities to train our people and hard
currency. Best of all this does not need the 18 to 24 months to build a refinery. This
will also provide us a stop gag measure until we build more refineries. It is all about
add value and we need to start doing that.

3.Start building 4 refineries and retail outlets to take care of the local demand as
estimated for 2010. This will help put to rest the fuel challenges that we face as a
Nation.

Background and answers
For most of the people who are ?privatization supporters?, the believe that private
companies only will solve our oil needs at point in time is being unrealistic. After 8
years, 240% increase in price (N11 to N65), 17 licenses granted, zero refineries working
and total dependent import. We must say that the Energy policy has been a failure. In
most places the people responsible for this failures and continuing to push this failed
approach would have been fired at year 2.
Why did they fail? I will give you some reasons.

1.Lack of a Nigerian centric approach. Simply put lack of vision.

2.Corruption and not state owned inefficiencies are responsible for our ills. Most of the
companies that are interested in Nigerian assets are government owned companies. Which
means that state own or controlled companies are profitable and efficient. PDSVA in
Venezuela is an example that currently owns 24 refineries worldwide and sells petrol at
N7 per litre.

3.It takes lots of money to play and tonnes to compete in a global oil and gas industry.
To illustrate this point the market value of Exxon Mobil is $474.12 billion, while the
Chairman, NSP Refineries and Energy Services, Prof. Anya .O. Anya one of the companies
granted license was not able to put together a mere $200million financing for a refinery.

And for those who want to charge western prices for petrol they should be willing to pay
western market salaries. So we can afford to buy the petrol.
The argument of paying for subsides is a non starter, because the multiplier effect on
the economy when cost of energy is low is tremendous. Energy is like no other commodity.
It accounts for a large part of cost of goods and therefore gives local companies the
ability to compete with global companies. This will lead to a reduction in imports of
different products while increasing exports for our products. This double ?barrel effect?
will more than compensate for the so called ?opportunity cost?. And we should remember
when we establish refineries at home and aboard we will not only eliminate need for hard
currency but will gain more foreign currency. For all those who keep on hoping on
?opportunity cost? they should stop listening to some foreign interest that are not
interested in our well being. If they were these same countries and institutions will
first stop stronger nations subsidies before attacking the poorer nations subsides. They
keep calling for us to stop subsidizes continue subsidize their own people. Lots of
countries provide subsides on several products. USA for example spent $20 billion in farm
subsides in 2006 making it difficult for us to sell farm products to them. USA spent $6
billion on oil and gas subsides.
Also we must remember that most of these countries subsides are actually go to affecting
the cost of goods like wheat because the cost of wheat is high. Unlike petrol where the
cost of extraction and refinery has not change a lot since crude oil was $17.48 per
barrel therefore the real subside would have not change if the government had fix and
built more refineries in Nigeria in the last 8 years. The so called subsiding is not the
same. We are not subsiding cost of product but the high price of crude(and mismanagement
of our energy policies zero refineries compared to Venezuela's 24) which today is around
$59.25 or 238% from 1999. Last but not the least, the oil that we consume local are also
not part of our OPEC quotas so we do not have any ?opportunity cost?.
I believe that there is need for the government to step into this issue because this is a
matter of national security. A country that cannot provide fuel for its society, with the
abundant supply of crude oil, will never improve We need to wake up and take take of
ourselves.

We have been bless with natural and human resources and it is time to use them.
God Bless Nigeria!!!!!!!!!

Apendix
Here is a Profile of Venezuelan Oil Company (Source Citgo a USA subsidiary)

PDVSA Profile
Petróleos de Venezuela S.A.(PDVSA) is a world energy corporation, owned by the Venezuelan
State. Its operations cover the exploration, production, refining, transport and
marketing of hydrocarbons, as well as the Orimulsión®, chemical, petrochemical and coal
businesses.

Resource Base
Venezuela has the largest hydrocarbon reserves in the Western Hemisphere, representing
approximately half the region's reserves, which positions the country as fifth in the
world in proven reserves. With the Orinoco Belt reserves, the country possesses the
largest accumulation of liquid fuel on the planet.

Production
PDVSA has a production capacity, including the strategic associations and operating
agreements, of 4 million barrels a day, while production exceeds 3 million barrels a day.

Refining
PDVSA is among the leading corporations in the refining business, with a petroleum
processing capacity of 3,285,000 barrels a day (1,285,000 barrels a day in Venezuela and
2 million barrels a day outside the country) through 24 refineries: six complexes in
Venezuela, one in the Caribbean, eight in the United States and nine in Europe.

Marketing
Venezuela generally exports 93 percent of its total hydrocarbon production. Approximately
54 percent of these hydrocarbon exports go to the United States and Canada.

Orinoco Belt
The production and upgrading of the huge extra-heavy crude reserves in the Orinoco Belt
is being carried out by four strategic associations headed by PDVSA (Ameriven, Cerro
Negro, Petrozuata and Sincor). Private-sector participation includes the U.S. companies:
ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and ChevronTexaco; and the Europeans; Statoil and
TotalFinaElf. Total production from these projects is planned to reach 600,000 barrels a
day by 2008, following a $13-billion investment.

Socioeconomic development
PDVSA is genuinely committed to Venezuela's social and economic development, and is
especially active in projects focused on health, education, environment, and local
economy.

The State oil company has also begun a review aimed at integrating Social Investment into
the framework of a vision of Corporate Social Responsibility that works directly with
communities, and emphasizes the development of local small and medium-sized enterprises
in oil-related and other sectors, especially cooperatives and microenterprises.

PDVSA in figures
Proven Reserves
Crude: 78 billion barrels
Gas: 148 trillion cubic feet

Production Capacity
Crude: 4 million barrels/day
Gas: 8.81 billion standard cubic feet/day

Refining Capacity
Domestic: 1.3 million barrels/day
Overseas: 2.0 million barrels/day

Current Production
Crude: 3.0 million barrels/day
Gas: 8.48 billion standard cubic feet/day

Orimulsion Production 6.2 million tons/year
Petrochemical Production 8.8 million tons/year
Coal Production 7.6 million tons/year
Sales 46.3 billion dollars
Exports to US: 1.5 million barrels/day

Joseph Inyang
[email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sale of refineries: Senate tackles BPE

”I have a car packed in front of my house at Abeokuta not working. If somebody wants to buy it, he would certainly want to buy it as a scrap.”
Can I believe what I am seeing and hearing.
1. Having the former president's relative in this committee is conflict of interest. It was his decision and he owns shares in Transcorp part of the buyers.
2. If I gave money to a leader of an entity to provide me with transportation. He was advised to buy 3 more new cars and fix the 4 old cars (working at 60%) to meet our transportation demand. I come back at the agreed time and the leader gives me the 4 old cars non working after spending all the money to fix them. He did not buy any new cars as advised so I have zero car. I am now forced to take taxi everywhere. What should we do with that man and his business entity? Brothers and sisters in a nutshell that is what happen in Nigeria!!!!

God Save Nigeria!!!! Mr. President please help us undo this wrong... 35% of black people in the world are depending on you!!!

Sale of refineries: Senate tackles BPE
By Oluwole Josiah, Abuja
Published: Thursday, 12 Jul 2007

A controversy over the sale of the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries consumed a major part of the Senate Public Hearing on the contending issue on the last general strike on Wednesday just as the lawmakers queried the sale of $720m of the refineries to Blue Star Industries.

Blue Star Industries, which comprise Zenon, Transcorp and Dangote, has bought the Port Harcourt Refinery for $561m and the Kaduna Refinery for $160m.

But the Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Irene Chigbue, in her presentation to the committee, said the sale of the refineries was transparent and followed due process.

She added the value for which the refineries were sold was justifiable and was based on expert evaluation of international standards.

But the presentation made to the committee, suggested that prior to the sale of the Kaduna refinery, about $200m was used as Turn Around Maintenance and the procurement of equipment for the refinery.

The committee however noted that although such amount was spent for maintaining the refinery, it was sold to Blue Star Industries for $160m.

It also raised questions on the sale of the refineries to the same group of companies while there were other companies who were qualified.

Chairman of the committee, Bassey Ewa Henshaw, made reference to the submission of the Nigeria Labour Congress, which valued the Port Harcourt Refinery at over $2bn.

He said the materials in stock at the refinery was valued at $800m, while the finished and products in transit were valued at $150m.

He added that the tank farm of the refinery was also valued at over $700m, and called on Chigbue to reconcile.

Senator Danso Sodangi also noted that there was something wrong with the way the refineries were sold.

He argued that the refineries were not as bad as they were painted, given that a lot of work was being done to get the refineries in place.

He disagreed with the BPE director-general that the refineries were so bad that the refineries had to be devalued.

In his own comment, Senator Dahiru Umaru pointed out that there was a curious coincidence between the date of payments for the refineries and the exit date of the last administration.

He said, According to him, ”The payments were made two days to the handing over of the last administration; why should the government hurriedly want to sell off the refineries, when a new government was coming in?”

He noted that the sale of the Kaduna refinery did not follow due process, given the fact that the proper bidding process was not followed.

But Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello rose in defence of the BPE when she argued that since the refineries had packed up, the value had expectedly depreciated.

She said, ”No businessman would put his money on a facility that was packed up for inefficiency.

”I have a car packed in front of my house at Abeokuta not working. If somebody wants to buy it, he would certainly want to buy it as a scrap.”

She said from the records, the problem of pipeline vandalisation and other facility problems might have reduced the value of the refineries to what the buyers had to pay.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Nigeria: FG Plans New 200,000bpd Refinery
THE Federal Government and its partners in the upstream oil and gas industry are working out modalities for the construction of a 200,000 barrel-per-day Greenfield refinery which is expected to come onstream within the next three years.

But its earlier target of 40 billion barrels of crude oil reserves by the end of the decade is no longer feasible owing to several constraints, according to Dr. Funsho Kupolokun, Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Speaking at the opening of the 2007 annual international conference and exhibition in Abuja yesterday, Dr Kupolokun said the Corporation was syndicating two Greenfield refineries working in conjunction with its joint venture partners.

Although he did not put a time frame on when the refineries would come onstream, Vanguard investigations revealed that owing to pressure from the Presidency, the Corporation expects the plant to be ready by 2010.

He said the financial details were still being worked out by the five multinational companies involved in the refinery project. These are Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total and Agip and reiterated that the Corporation was working hard to come up with a regulation to compel every producer to refine a certain percentage of their production. He noted that earlier directives that 50 per cent of production be refined locally failed because they were not backed by legislation, adding: "When the regulation comes, they cannot give excuses."

Kupolokun recalled that the Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna refineries (all subsidiaries of the Corporation) had been working at 85, 70 and 75 per cent installed capacities before the Chanomi Creek pipeline was vandalised and pledged that efforts were on to restore capacity.

However, he said owing to the situation in the Niger Delta, the NNPC could not find a contractor to go and effect repairs on the Chanomi Creek Channel pipeline. The Chanomi Creek Channel pipeline provides crude oil feed-stock for the Warri and Kaduna refineries.

The Group Managing Director said to grow and become one of the 20 largest economies in the world, Nigeria must boost its fuel consumption from 30 million litres per day to 100 million litres per day within the next 20 years.

"To become one of the top 20, we need to grow the Gross Domestic Product by 10 per cent annually, and this will involve enormous energy requirement. This is because the GDP has a relationship with energy consumption. From 1995 to 2005, consumption of products rose by 6.4 per cent.

"In view of the new target, Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) will grow from 30 million b/d to 100 million b/d. Gas will rise from five billion cubic feet/d to 20 billion cf/d," he said.

He said although Nigeria has tremendous crude oil and gas capacity, it has only grown production by five per cent per annum over the last 10 years.

He named factors militating against the possibility of achieving the 40 billion barrels target to include the cycle of violence in the Niger Delta, rising cost of

'To achieve the 40 billion barrels reserves mark, we need to make three giant finds each the size of Bonga in the next three years.

Vice President Goodluck Jonathan while declaring the 2007 annual international conference and exhibition open said government was looking forward to a time when Nigerian content would account for 70 per cent of oil industry input.

He said government would come up with stronger legislation to support Nigerian content, adding that while efforts at the federal level was on to address the situation in the Niger Delta, the states and local governments in the area must come alive to their responsibilities.
Another 20,000 Refinery is also being planned. This will increase Nigeria's Capacity to 665,000 bpd.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
NNPC plans two more refineries

The NNPC says it is working with some International Oil Companies (IOC) to establish two new refineries with capacities for 200,000 barrels daily each.

Dr Levi Ajuonuma, NNPC Group General Manager (Group Public Affairs Division), said they would be located in Okrika and Brass.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday in Abuja that the corporation would inaugurate the new refineries by 2011 or 2012 as contained in the NNPC brief to the Ministers of Energy last week.

Ajuonuma said the additional refineries would bring the total domestic refining capacity to 845,000 barrels per day.

He said the current demand of about 30 million litres of petrol daily required 600,000 barrels refining capacity daily.``Therefore, even if Warri and Kaduna refineries were to operate at 100 per cent capacity, there will still be need to import the shortfall to satisfy consumers,'' Ajuonuma said.

He said NNPC had four refineries in Kaduna, Warri and two in Port Harcourt, all of which were planned to be productive.

The refineries have a combined production capacity of 445,000 barrels of crude per day,'' he said.

The corporation has 22 storage depots, 5,120km of pipeline and 24 pump stations.”

The NNPC today imports fuel not because the refineries are not working but because of the Feb. 18, 2006 violent damage done by vandals to the pipeline which transports crudeoil from Escravos to Warri and Kaduna refineries.``The 150,000 barrels per day Port Harcourt refinery is currently running at between 65 per cent and 70 per cent capacity which translates to about 3.5 million litres of petrol daily,'' he said.

The Head of Public Affairs said the Warri and Kaduna refineries were producing at between 75 per cent and 80 per cent capacity before they were forced to shut down due to lack of crude.

He said: ``They are still in good working condition. Substantial rehabilitation work had been carried out on the refineries before efforts were frozen in 2006 due to privatisation issues.''

``For instance, at the Port Harcourt refinery, repairs were carried out on the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit (FCCU)while the compressor of the catalytic system was completely overhauled.''

He said the Turbine Generation Control System had been upgraded, Boilers 1 and 4 Super Heaters repaired and the Cooling Tower restored.``At the Kaduna refinery, the Crude Heater and Demineralisation Water Unit were fully rehabilitated and functional,'' he said.

``Revamping of the fuels plant instrumentation is about 96 per cent complete while raw water rehabilitation project is 96 per cent complete.''

He said that at the Warri Refinery, Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) on the fuel plant and rehabilitation of the petrochemicals unit were completed.``The plant is in perfect working condition as of today,but only lacks crude to refine,'' he explained.``Capacity utilisation of the refineries improved from less than 40 per cent in 1999 to 80per cent average until Feb.18, 2006 when Warri and Kaduna refineries were shut down,''Ajuonuma said.He said the closure resulted from vandalism of the Chanomi creek crude oil pipeline and further investment restriction on the refineries due to impending privatisation.He said: ``Until very recently, restive youths in the location of the damaged pipeline denied engineers access to the site to effect repairs.''``The repair work on the pipeline has now commenced andis expected to be completed by September.``When that happens, it is envisaged that the Warri and Kaduna refineries would be producing 17 million litres of petrol daily.``From the facts enumerated above, it could be seen therefore that the menace of pipeline vandalism was substantially responsible for the seeming failure of the refineries to operate''.``For example, the NNPC suffered971 cases of pipeline vandalismin 2004; 2,258 in 2005 and 2,912cases in 2006 resulting inof several billions of naira loses,''he said.Ajuonuma said that given the determination of the present administration to address the Niger Delta issue head-on, the NNPC needed the support of all and sundry, especially the media to help fight the menace of pipeline vandalism.``This act has remained the greatest threat to effective and efficient supply and distribution of petroleum products,'' he said.'NNPC fully supports 2020 downstream sector aspiration which entails full liberalisation that can enable effective participation of new players in new ventures, ''Ajuonuma said.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts