Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was routed down here today by my bike mapping device. Looked very strange, barriers across the road asking for tags and what not to gain access, no signage about cycles or pedestrians so I cycled back along the canal taking a considerable detour.

Is it always like that down there, I would of taken photos but it all felt rather strange.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was no signage stating about pedestrians or cyclists, so I just turned around and made what eneded up to be a considerable detour, I don't have much business in that end of the world, was just trying to get to sunny Runny.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,287 Posts
Used it twice a day.....

I doubt it. The road has been closed since at least 2008 (when I started working in the area).
When I lived in Elton and drove to work in Bromborough I used Oil Sites as a short cut, this was over 25 years ago. The road was regarded as a public highway, but one day per year [ around Christmas IIRC] it was closed
by Shell. I was told this was to ensure that their right of way was protected, so they only ever exercised their authority to close the road for one day per year when the works were shut down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts