Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some photos from a recent walk through the neighborhoods just northeast of the tracks from downtown-Maywood Park and Deep Deuce. Maywood Park is the area that is mostly under redevelopment right now, Deep Deuce is the area that looks more like a mix of new and old, and is mostly finished up.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Awesome pics SRG. All of those are looking great and add some flavor to DT OKC..

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldn't say its an official neighborhood yet. But when fully completed I believe there will be over a hundred of these brownstones, along with a lot of other residential projects that are currently in the works. This emerging neighborhood would be called Maywood Park.

So its not really a neighborhood...yet.

SRG. I don't feel Deep Deuce is really complete yet. I feel like it could be so much more and its evident from your pictures that there are loads of potential for infill, perhaps mix-use some of those big historic buildings if those companies would move?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what you mean, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th streets in Deep Deuce are full, there are still infill opportunities I guess on 1st Street, but really that's already mostly happening. There are 3 projects on 1st Street currently underway by Al Sahli, one is a building he's renovating and going to put a pizzeria inside, another is a historic 2-story building he's filling up with lofts, and another is a multi-story infill residential project that he's fixing to break ground on. I haven't seen a rendering of it though. I don't think anyone cares about that man's projects.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Is there going to be a grocery store put in around the area? Wasn't that or is it still a big complaint by the people currently living DT that there was no where to get necessities?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
OK--- I'm going to say it... This is my favorite pair of neighborhoods of all downtown OKC.

Maywood Park is SO awesome- what was basically a bunch of parking and fields a few years ago is now the coolest place to live (or plan to live) in downtown- every square inch seems to be made up of broken ground and lofts in the pipeline. Deep Deuce is maturing and infilling, built on a gentle hill, great history... What's not to love?

As for the geography, these two neighborhoods are very close and accessible to both downtown and Bricktown, and together they make up what is called the Flatiron section of downtown, in a triangle shaped area formed by the railroad, First St and I-235.

Also the pic that Raleigh-NC likes would actually fit in 100% with TAP's "Reinvent OKC" ad campaign for Maywood Park.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to stop posting these threads on this forum, because I do that, and then nobody comments on my photos at my own forum. And not many comment on here either. So ciao.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
I've noticed that too. They're photo threads, there's nothing wrong with photo threads. Now I suppose if it were one of those unnecessary OKC threads then yea, no one would comment. But come on, these are pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts