SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hei there i'm a skyscraper lover .
and now trying to collect all the infomation on old klanf road .
history to present day picture, aerial view, eye level, any picture you have and planning to shared.
a city worth to explore in picture.
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
old klang road highrise "eye"

hei mate.
i'm looking for picture on old klang road.
old or new picture, high or low view, anythign that got to do is really a good compilation, i really hope all the high eye that stay in up in the sky can spared
so aerial view of old klang road.
cheers

·
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
1,568 Posts
Cool thread... would like to see pics of OKR too. By the way, the existing OKR doesnt only locate in PJ, but also in KL and Puchong. I'm not sure if it actually leads all the way to Klang though :D

·
12,962 Posts
^^ It used to lead all the way to Klang but after Kampung Medan's NPE toll, it is merged into Federal Highway ;) In fact the part of Federal Highway where the merger is till Klang is part of the 'old Klang road' together with the present Old Klang Road ;)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Lastresorter said:
Cool thread... would like to see pics of OKR too. By the way, the existing OKR doesnt only locate in PJ, but also in KL and Puchong. I'm not sure if it actually leads all the way to Klang though :D
To most ppl, i think OKR is still synonymous with KL

·
13,684 Posts
Jalan Kelang Lama overwhelmed by high-rise projects and traffic congestion

Posted on July 30, 2013 - Featured, Property News.

The ever-growing development taking place along Jalan Kelang Lama has got residents worried over the potential congestion and overpopulation.
Built between 1905 and 1908, Jalan Kelang Lama is one of the oldest trunk roads in Kuala Lumpur.

In 2004, there was a massive upgrade and widening exercise costing RM359mil to ease the worsening congestion. Nine years on, the traffic congestion is getting worse.

Motorists using Jalan Kelang Lama to get to the city have to either leave at the break of dawn or opt for alternative routes to beat the ever increasing traffic.

Experts predict that in two years, every inner road within the township will be clogged with cars leading to a perpetual traffic gridlock.

“As the township grows and more buildings come up with higher density and plot ratio, there will be an overwhelming increase in traffic. It is inevitable that commuting times will increase,’’ said town and environmental consultant Pratap Chand-ran Gopinath.

Ongoing projects

In progress: Verve Suites KL South is currently undergoing refurbishment

Currently, several work-in-progress projects line both sides of the 11.2km-long road.

Some of these developments will be completed in two to three years, while others may take longer.

Major projects are also taking place along Jalan Sepadu, off the main arterial road.

The former industrial site was earmarked for redevelopment several years ago.

A mixed development project comprising a retail complex and 403 service apartment units have been approved.

The project, called Pearl Suria, will also include a pedestrian bridge linking the retail complex to Pearl Point Mall and Pearl International Hotel.

The development, proposed in the early 1990s, was one of the sites in the Draft Kuala Lumpur City Plan 2020 identified for land rejuvenation.

The draft plan listed 26 old and neglected areas in Kuala Lumpur to be redeveloped.

Another development is taking shape across the road from Pearl Point Mall — Verve Suites KL South by Bukit Kiara Properties.

The two 24-storey towers were empty for two years before being rented to a college.

The building is being refurbished and is slated to house 300 serviced apartment units that are now available for sale.

Further along just before the Taman Desa junction, a project known as Avantas Residences is taking shape. It also faces Taman Shanghai.

The project consists of a 28-storey serviced apartment with basement carpark is being developed by CPI Development Sdn Bhd.

The Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) greenlit the project although residents had raised concerns of traffic congestion.

High population density

Retail and residential: The Scott Garden in Jalan Klang Lama is yet to be completed. Traffic planners predict the congestion will worsen once it is fully occupied

Apart from these projects, several landbanks along both sides of Jalan Kelang Lama have been cleared, signalling the possibility of more development.

Once fully completed, these developments will add to the area’s population, raising concern among those who are already living there.

“Jalan Kelang Lama was given a new lease on life when the Government upgraded and widened the road from four to six lanes.

“After that, Puchong saw major expansion and that added to the congestion. Jalan Kelang Lama was not only serving as a link to surrounding areas but also provided access to Klang, Sungai Way and Puchong,’’ said Pratap.

He added that once Scott Garden was fully completed, the area will get even more crowded.

“Even now, at night, the area becomes congested but this is also caused by those who double park their vehicles along the road,’’ said Taman OUG resident Kumar Raj.

Although many residents welcome Jalan Kelang Lama’s central location and the presence of shopping centres such as Mid Valley and Scott Garden, they said further developments would be ill-advised.

“You can imagine what it is going to be like when all these projects are ready,’’ said trader Lim Chin Keat.

Lim, who is a trader at the 3rd Mile wet market, said it was already difficult to find parking space.

“I cannot imagine what it is going to be like here in a few years’ time.’’

Stretched to the limit

Another new project: Medan Kelang Lama 28 is open for business but its units are not fully occupied yet.

Pratap feels that Jalan Kelang Lama will not be able to take additional vehicles.

“DBKL should not allow an increase in the density and plot ratio unless it can provide a good transportation system to ease congestion.

“Otherwise the resulting increase in population density will put a strain on existing facilities and road systems, causing inconvenience to residents,’’ he said.

However, it is not all doom and gloom as traffic consultant Goh Bok Yen thinks that the situation can be improved.

“DBKL has to carry out a macro-level study of Jalan Kelang Lama. A thorough traffic impact assessment that takes all the development projects into consideration must be done.”

He added that another way to ease the bottleneck was to have a proper traffic dispersal system leading to the Shah Alam Expresway (Kesas) and New Pantai Expressway (NPE).

Goh also suggested that a well-planned and integrated public transportation system could be incorporated into the area.

Meanwhile, there has been talk of extending the monorail system from Brickfields to Sunway via Jalan Kelang Lama.

This is part of the Draft Kuala Lumpur City Plan 2020, and City Hall and transport planners must ensure accessibility and connectivity issues are effectively addressed.
http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...by-high-rise-projects-and-traffic-congestion/

·
13,684 Posts
Traffic jams still a problem in Jalan Klang Lama

19 Feb 2014

Ten years after the major upgrading and widening project for Jalan Klang Lama, congestion is still a daily problem, thanks largely to haphazard illegal parking along the road.

Ng Shu Tsung, 42, an accountant who has worked in the area for more than 10 years said the situation would not be so bad if people were not so inconsiderate.

“They would double and sometimes triple park along the roadside to get to the shops or market.

“By doing this, they take up one or two lanes causing a bottleneck and navigating through traffic is a nightmare during peak periods,” he said, adding that sometimes large vehicles would also do the same.

There are several spots where this happens habitually, usually in front of retail areas, including Scott Garden.

He said that the upgrade and widening project had created a road that was between three to seven-lanes wide in different sections, where it was previously a two-lane dual carriageway.

“However, one or two lanes in some portions are meant for those making a turn at the junction and coupled with the haphazard parking situation, this narrows the traffic lane and motorists are forced to squeeze themselves into the remaining lanes,” he said.

Ng said that sometimes it takes almost half an hour to travel less than a kilometre along the road.

“There are ample parking spaces at the shopping complexes and designated paying parking spaces along the road with reasonable charges but people just do not want to pay,” he said, adding that he often noticed that many cars parked illegally were expensive ones.

“I was even once shown a rude finger gesture and honked at by a driver who was about to park his car in the middle of the left lane, blocking my way.

“It is flabbergasting how the person in the wrong can be so cavalier when causing inconvenience to others,” he said.

Ng hoped the Road Transport Department (JPJ) and the police would do something about the long-standing issue.

“Sometimes the police make their rounds issuing summons during the day but not in the evenings.

“I believe the presence of the cops, even if they just stood around, would be enough to deter these irresponsible drivers,” he said.

One residents living in a condominium just off the road said that many bus stops are located near junctions.

“This results in a dangerous situation whereby buses waiting at these stops, hog the lane needed by other vehicles merging or turning off the road.

“These drivers will then have to make awkward turns just to get around these buses and also the occasional vehicle that park there illegally,” Lim Hoo Ping, 35, a clerk said.

There has also been talk that the monorail system from Brickfields will be extended to Sunway via Jalan Kelang Lama which could help ease the congestion a little.

More: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Comm...fic-jams-still-a-problem-in-Jalan-Klang-Lama/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, the next boomtown is the Old Klang Road vicinity, with so many new developments coming up all over the place... I hope the green light is given for the proposed monorail extension to the area, to further reduce the local people's dependence on their own vehicles, when heading to KL! :D
the population of old klang road is big & there is a big demand of public transport such as monorail, hopefully the project will start soon

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I live here. In Taman Desa, specifically. This road is very historical as it's the first major road in KL and the main trunk road to Klang before the Federal Highway. My grandmother's family has been here for about 80 years. Unfortunately they don't have any pictures to document this place other than stories from her.

And yup, this place needs the monorail extension very badly!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts