·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
虽然我不懂,但是我还想看看!!!尽快贴上!

I wanna see 'em! Post 'em!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Bang, please post here. Why tomorrow, not today, please? I wanna to see them all. Old Saigon I think is more beautiful than today with many many trees, and fresh canals. My mom says that, behind our home days before, there was a canal that many boats stopped and transport rices. But today, there's nothing.

he he, còn ai trồng khoai đất này. Thằng nào mà chuyên kiếm chuyện để rồi người Saigon ngủm củ tỏi. Đúng là đồ đê tiện. Thôi tui mệt wá rồi, chán cái forum này rồi. Toàn chuyện nhảm nhí. Một chiến sĩ đã ngã xuống. Không còn biết sắp tới sẽ là ai, tui chăng? Cũng có thể. Nếu là tui thì cái forum này tui ko để yên đâu.

·
Got Phở ?
232 Posts
WOW :eek2: . Thanks Bang

Saigon was so nice back then. It seemed to be incredibly organized and had so much good buildings. It suck that many of them were lost.

So much treeeesss.

·
Vivat capitalismus
5,330 Posts
So much treeeesss.
Yep,it looks like the city has grown from trees,very tall ones.

Btw,i have a tour on Chinatown (Cholon) today,will post Cholon pics soon.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks for these... Looking at the very last pic "then" and "now," I am glad to see that most everything still stands. Saigon is by far the most well-preserved major city in Asia, maybe except Penang.

·
Architecture lover
117 Posts
Thanks very much for the photos. :)

I suppose that the "Arroyo Chinois" the Chinese Arroyo is the current Bê'n Nghé Arroyo. Can someone tell me if this bow-bridge is still in place nowadays. I just don't remember there was such a pretty bridge crossing this channel.

The Bi`nh Tây Market is nice viewed from topover. It recalls me some Renaissance architectures in France and Italy.

Do you have an old map covering the greater SAigon ?

·
Got Phở ?
232 Posts
Trân said:
Thanks very much for the photos. :)

I suppose that the "Arroyo Chinois" the Chinese Arroyo is the current Bê'n Nghé Arroyo. Can someone tell me if this bow-bridge is still in place nowadays. I just don't remember there was such a pretty bridge crossing this channel.

The Bi`nh Tây Market is nice viewed from topover. It recalls me some Renaissance architectures in France and Italy.

Do you have an old map covering the greater SAigon ?

In one of Jaroslaw1's pictures, i think this bridge is either a replica of it or mayby still the same one.

·
Vivat capitalismus
5,330 Posts
@ Tran: A have a tourism map of Saigon from 1968.I don't know if it's as old as you request.I'll put up soon.

The 'pretty bridge' you mentionned,well,when the construction of the tunnel begin,it will be affected for sure.

·
Architecture lover
117 Posts
This bridge is located between Câù Ông La~nh and Kha'nh Hô.i right ? I remember I went to Bê'n nhà Rô`ng but I blatanly forget this Bridge. It's the nicest bridge in SGN, isn't it.

How did you manage to take this photo without anybody on it ?

Yes saigonmoonsooner, I 'm intereted by your map.

·
Premium Member
44,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trân said:
This bridge is located between Câù Ông La~nh and Kha'nh Hô.i right ? I remember I went to Bê'n nhà Rô`ng but I blatanly forget this Bridge. It's the nicest bridge in SGN, isn't it.

How did you manage to take this photo without anybody on it ?

Yes saigonmoonsooner, I 'm intereted by your map.

Nope there are many nice bridges all over saigon and Cholon but most got destroyed in the 80s and 90s....I got photos of those bridges.
here's the order of the bridges from saigon river toward Cholon:
1 cầu quay, now Nguyễn tất Thành
2 cầu Mống (the one you said beautiful) now just a pedestrian bridge
3 cầu cammette (the low bridge, soon will dissapear to make way for a higher bridge)
4 cầu Ông lãnh.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks for these! This one especially is extraordinarily interesting:

When I get a chance I will go there with this pic in my hand and see what's there now.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts