Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POSTED BY morphix

First of all I pretty much only joined this community to share this with you.
I have foud many old family slides and got the projector up and running again which means I am now looking at thousands of family photos from 15 - 40 years ago. Many are family members in younger times and many are the cities we live and breath in today. I can only look at them at night, and am only getting through 40 a day but I have seen some pretty cool images. PLease note I would love to get a slide to digital picture converter but for the time being Im taking pictures, of a picture, that is of the projection on my wall - well white sheet actually.
Heres a few pics.

Amazing image looking over melbourne entertainment venues, to be. I would guess date it at around 1980. Melbourne park was completed in 1988.

this picture taken from the same builing different direction looking south west-ish.

COnstruction estimated date 1967

I seem to think this is lake burnley griffin, would also be about 1968.

There will be more images after i look at more lsides.
Please discuss

·
Registered
12,898 Posts
I remember a fiasco years ago concerning that red brick building in the second pic looking toward the Arts Centre. The Railways decided they needed a new control centre or whatever so they started building the steel frame....it went up and up till it was maybe 5 stories..and the radio, TV and newspapers were full of people complaining so the government or council stepped in and made them demolish the top 3 ??? floors and they expanded horizontally.....thinking...campus is the way of the future??? True story but the last bit I made up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts