SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resurrected
16,011 Posts
I miss them as well! .... Like a LOT of other things. I guess after this "migration" a lot of people will leave or at least are extremly pissed, sad, and disappointed. If I look around in the subforums - there is not a single positive word about the new structure. So many things got lost on the way, I really could cry :(

·
I Love Chicago!
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn't sad for me in the "I could cry" way, but my stomach hurts from the emotional pain.

·
Administrator
990 Posts
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites. We should avoid running custom sets of smileys or using an Album to post smiles from. That will really bog download speed, and eventually, Google will de-index those pages for being slow.

Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

I will be closing this thread to avoid confusion but we absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread.

- Cricket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.