SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
BAND
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the outline application ha now gone in for this and the college is well under way it's probably time we had a separate thread for this.

Here's the planning decription:

15/02142/FUL | Hybrid planning application comprising full permission for the erection of a 3,000 capacity indoor arena (Use Class D2), provision of access points and car parking for up to 376 vehicles and outline planning permission (with all matters reserved) for the redevelopment of the site to provide a mixed-use development (including landscaping and infrastructure) comprising: up to 5,000 spectator outdoor stadium (Use Class D2) with up to 6,300 sqm floorspace for ancillary facilities including hotel (Use Class C1), cafe (Use Class A3), gym and changing facilities; Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre with up to 4,000 sqm (Sui Generis) floorspace and up to 3,000 sqm ancillary office (Use Class B1) floorspace and additional office building with up to 7,000 sqm business (Use Class B1) floorspace | Site Of Don Valley Stadium Worksop Road Sheffield S9 3TL
http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.u...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=NPRT0TNYFY000

And some images (all thanks to Bond Bryan architects):

Bear in mind that other than the school, this is an outline application and so the buildings may not look anything like what is shown.

·
BAND
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually didn't realise it has so much office space associated with it - around 100,000 sqft.

·
17,971 Posts
So i take it that aircraft hanger is the indoor stadium? I think the idea of the scheme is great, I am hoping that for the official detailed submission we see something a bit more inspiring.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Is this separate from the upgrade to the Woodbourn Rd Athletics stadium?

I drove up near that stadium when I was in Sheff, it's extremely desolate round there. Just high steel fences and overgrown vegetation. No shops or houses.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any chance this thread could just be changed to "Olympic Legacy Park"? The current title seems a bit long and ott

·
BAND
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would go the other way and say that other titles should be updated with more info. See the Liverpool construction projects sub-forum.

This is how we did most titles back in the day ;)

Title | Value | Height | Size | Construction status

·
17,971 Posts
I like the look of that :)

I also passed by in the car last week and the education building or whatever it is, its nearly complete. It looked interesting, very yellow as far as I recall

*EDIT* yes its Apparently called Don Valley Hub and even though its almost finished here are the visuals. No idea why I dint look for them before.

DON VALLEY HUB

·
Registered
780 Posts
I feel a slight reluctance to show any enthusiasm for this site. With so much space as a luxury there was an opportunity to create much more imaginative structure. But weve got more boxes....

1 - 20 of 230 Posts