Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fiercly Omahan
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these a few days ago around the Old Market. I planned on doing a people thread but I found these signs to be more interesting at the time.

Enjoy!

Looking west from 11th and Harney. Orpheum Tower in the background.

In the Old Market along Howard St.

Lotus: A women's clothing store

Drastic Plastic: One of the record stores in the Old Market

Zio's Pizza: A New York style pizza place. It's one of my favorite places to eat even though I'm much more a Chicago pizza fan

No Biking: They must have shot the rider

Asian. Mongolian. A lion? Maybe it's on the menu

O'Connors: Site of a personal, drunken mishap (More to come)

Hollywood Candy: A new place in the Market. It used to be offices

Stretch of the Old Market along 13th between Howard and Jackson

13th St. Coffee: They have an awesome pic of the new Pope slamming this huge stein of beer before he was the Pope

Nicola's: Haven't been here either. Nice patio though.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. And amazingly a parking spot

Ted & Wally's: THE BEST ICE CREAM ON EARTH!! They make all sorts of flavors. My favorite is Guiness. Yes the beer. They have all sorts of alcohol and dessert flavored ice creams. On the weekends there's lines around the building.

I just really like this picture. The towers in the roles of feminine and masculine

Stop for Tiques and More

Retro Rocket: There were a bunch of these spray painted around the Market. The rockets made a trail and pointed the way to the store. I followed

Side entrance to many Old Market establishments

Making my way towards the alley

Aww refreshing

Breezing into the alley

Live long and prosper

Retro Rocket

My house in the alley's terminated vista

Omaha Clay Works: Another surprise I never saw before

When my pics persuade you to move to Omaha, look here

Nomad Lounge: A fancy place to hang out. In between the leather couched seating areas are mini art galleries

The Passport Restaurant: Another fancy place to dine. This part of the Market is kind of exclusive

1101 Jackson: New high-end condos in the Old Market

U/C jLofts: Another high end condo project that will block the lovely view of my building

Ted & Wally's: DID I MENTION IT HAS THE BEST ICE CREAM ON EARTH

A non-Satanic antique shop

Iron against the Market

A cool private residence in the Old Market

Windows. A favorite subject of mine to shoot

One last look at the Passport

1101 Jackson windows. No doubt a great view from within

Smoke break on Jackson St.

Get a tatto. Get a piercing. It's the American thing to do

Sam & Louie's Pizza: A new New York pizza place. I love the big garage door that opens up to the street

Vignettes: Of course I'd have to do this in black and white

Fairmont and fair skies

And stopping at the grocery store before heading home.
Until next time...

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Fantastic!
This is a great hood. It reminds a lot of the Highlands in Louisville, but it appears to be quite a bit more dense
because of the amount of mid and low-rise condos in the area. Great photos! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's amazing how a few picture like these will make me want to visit somewhere I've never even thought about visiting before. This seems like an awfully cool area. DO you know if there is some sort of zoning regulation that encourages this "diversity in signage?"

·
Uptown Bound
1,198 Posts
I'm going to passing through Omaha on the way west on I-80...is the Old Market district a worthwhile stop? Any other Omaha suggestions for someone who will probably be in town for 2 hours? Thanks!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Louis vuitton luggage

Louis vuitton luggage150 years ago, Louis vuitton luggage, pioneer, as modern waves travel time prediction. In 1932, Louis vuitton replicas handbags nowitzki officially opened replica handbag Evans. Inspiration for essien's Noah Noah (French). First, the third generation of seed Louis vuitton Gaston - sir Louis vuitton is champagne wine for the design requirements of his luxurious champagne bottles can accommodate solid and replicas bag lasting bag. Therefore, essien bag was born. For large replica handbag under the narrow lace, wide string, pocket tie, installing a future five bottles of champagne.Find what you want here: http://www.fashionbagforsale.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts