Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of those mysterious building projects. Anyone has any update on this?

Ploenchit Arcade

The development site is opposite Ploenchit BTS station (behind Wave Place on cnr of Ploenchit & Wireless Rd). The project comprises two towers of approx 25 storeys and 35 storeys.

Bangkok Dome
Located on Paholyothin Rd, opposite Dan Neramit (Magic Land theme park) which is now closed. The project include a Bangkok Dome shopping plaza, underwater world, convention hall, office building and Bangkok Dome Residence. Proposed by Univest Land before the economic crisis.

Sathorn Princess

A mixed use office / residential development on Nonsi Rd, Sathorn. Only the small low-rise building was completed (i believe it has been renamed) the twin 40 storeys are half completed.

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts
This is very good!,

Bangkok Dome, as I'v heard. Only the mall part is going to be revive...

What I dissappointed very much is The Ploenchit Arcade Project, with that best location and property-development booming period like this, why they don't resume it.......Very sad...>(

·
More than you know
2,316 Posts
Yes,I agree with you Chad, That is the perfect location in cbd for a residence or office. The rendering looks nice and cool but it looks like All season place thou. Hopefully they are thinking to revive those projects soon as the economy now is quite good.

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
too sad to see many great projects on hold. maybe they are waiting for the economics to get better than this then they will start reving those. :)

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
Ploenchit Arcade looks very nice. Is the sales office open? Maybe someone can drop by and ask about construction dates and stuff.

I think the market for Bangkok Dome has changed a lot since the pre-crisis years and the theme park is dead and those residential:? towers behind are still on hold and also becuase the entertainment facilities around Central are surely much expanded now to take up the demand.

I hope they will resume Sathorn Princess soon, not that they are as bad an eyesore as some other stalled projects but they'll be quite tall :)

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts
ahhh...Yes, the Sales office still open everyday accept sunday. Wonder if they will resumned it soon, Seems like it......:cool:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chula Uni Hi-Tech Square.. two intelligent office towers at Samyan intersection. Actually right opposite the new Samyan subway station.

Unfinished towers behind the Carreforre Lotus (?) store off Paholyothin Rd north of Bangkok.

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts
And come to one of the most interesting high-rise project in town designed by Design Concept company......General Asian Bank Headquater, Bangkok :

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
Originally posted by BKKinTO

Wow. the sketch looks different,hehehe!!! strange. but huge thou. Do they still going to develop it Jo? Where it will be on the wireless rd? :)
:)
Oh yeah, the good old days when buildings were drawn by hand on paper for presentation. Unfortunately I don't know anything more about that project but I'd say it's not likely we will ever see it.

It looks quite cool, doesn't it? The style reminds me of an existing but smaller building, which one it is I cannot remember at the moment.

·
not student anymore
4,002 Posts
Chuwit puts large asset on the market

Chuwit puts large asset on the market

An artist impression of the proposed three tower residential development adjacent the existing Davis Hotel
Massage parlour king to sell Davis Hotel

Boonsong Kositchotethana

Massage parlour king Chuwit Kamolvisit has officially put one of his largest assets, a hotel-residential-retail complex on Bangkok's prime Sukhumvit Soi 24, up for sale in the international market.

Mr Chuwit has assigned Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels, a leading hotel investment service group, to find buyers for the Davis Hotel and the CampDavis complex, assets roughly valued by the industry at 3-4 billion baht.

The property features the 166-room Davis Hotel which opened in October, the Baan Davis complex made up of 10 two- and three-bedroom villas, a 90-room hotel under construction and due to open in May 2004, the Camp Davis retail complex that includes Starbucks among its tenants, and a 300-car parking facility.

Also, plans to develop three residential towers _ two 38-storey towers and one 41-storey building with a total of 89,000 square metres _ have been approved.

Finding a taker for the property is going to be an uphill task due to various complicated legal issues involving Mr Chuwit himself and questions of the ownership rights to the road around the properties, according to industry sources.

Mr Chuwit has faced an official investigation into his business dealings and has fought several court battles in order to prove the sources of his wealth.

He was suspected of receiving ill-gotten earnings from his six massage parlours that are at the centre of a police bribery scandal that was brought to the open several months ago.

On Sukhumvit Soi 24, there are questions about the ownership of the road with the owners of the President Park, the multi-tower serviced apartment and retail complex just opposite the Davis complex.

``The [Davis] property itself is indeed very attractive. Everyone would love to possess it, even if they had to pay a top price,'' said a property agent with international connections.

But there are big questions whether the assets could be transferred to the buyer smoothly without facing long-term consequences, she said, adding that many in the market were aware of these problems and thir would lessen the likelihood of striking a deal.

``I think only the high risk-takers would be interested in this problematic asset,'' she added.

Mr Chuwit could not be reached for comment, but Craig Collins, senior vice-president of Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels, was upbeat about the prospects for the sale of the property.

``The international investment market in Thailand is currently very strong. There have been five major hotel transactions in Thailand involving the inflow of international capital during 2003,'' he said.

``International investors see Thailand as a country of great beauty, a growing economy and increasing visitor arrivals. We expect strong local and international interest.''

Mr Chuwit, who recently announced the formation of a political party called Ton Trakul Thai, has also offered to sell his six massage parlours for 3.5 billion baht _ including a personal tutorial on how to buy off police.

www.bangkokpost.com

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
including a personal tutorial on how to buy off police
That part spoiled a lot of the credibility of khun Boonsong IMO.
Will be interesting to see how it all plays out as the height is not bad and the Asoke-Emporium area seems to be expanding at a fast rate.

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts
NOW.....That project got my BIG "WOW" :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 1220 Posts