·
Photographer
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name of project: The tower
floors: ??? ( properly +200 )
height ??? ( properly +1000 )

Translated from Arabic:

- His Highness Mohammed bin Rashid describes the new tower's unique architectural masterpiece as equally great and glorious to Burj Khalifa tower and the famous "Eiffel" Tower and will rival them.

- "masterpiece" Tower would be a monument and tourist and cultural landmark and construction will start within months and its height will be known after completion and official opening of it

- The Tower is designed by the architect Calatrava

- Tower will be developed by Emaar

Name of tower is as well translated from Arabic so it might have a different name in english it is either Masterpiece or Iconic :)

https://twitter.com/emaardubai
https://twitter.com/DXBMediaOffice

Location is within the Dubai Creek but exact location is still unknown

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
^^ Yeah anw I edited it so it fits the international forum :) I will fix details when more information are out :) thank you for creating this thread

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
wait so this is for the harbour/lagoons? im guessing this is in addition to the worlds tallest twin towers.

also this looks like its going to be along the lines of the tokyo sky tree and CN tower...i.e. a needle with a viewing deck.

R

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
From the renders in the background of the last pic Burj Kalifa and the fountain look too close for this to be located on the main creek. . Resembles more like business bay area.

I would be putting money on the former dancing towers plot. But then again renders can be deceiving in Dubai..

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I also think will be the tallest building in the world. This will inject life in DCH project.

I would have liked to see this building in Jebel Ali. Half way from Marina Island to Dubai Parks and Resorts :) but happy with the DCH new landmark

·
Registered
791 Posts
^^ It would be great if they built this around 1400 Meters with 20 or 30 floors towards the top with great views not only for the views but also so Jeddah doesn't have the tallest building.
+++ ALSO PLEASE NOTICE THAT IF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO POSTED ABOVE AND PAY ATTENTION AT SECOND 38 YOU CAN SEE FLOOR PLANS IN THE BACKGROUND WITH THE Y SHAPED DESIGN LIKE THE JEDDAH TOWER, BURJ KHALIFA AND WUHAN GREENLAND ALL HAVE. THIS MAKES ME THINK THE TOWER WILL BE A FULL SKYSCRAPER, NOT JUST AN OBSERVATORY.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
307 Posts
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fantastic news!!! First Calatrava's building in Dubai!!

Now Valencia and Dubai have something in common

Great building!

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
I tried to guess the height on the international forum :)

I have a clue that's gonna be higher than 1200m :D

Let's first make it clear that in the following pic Index Tower (328m) is in the foreground compared to the Iconic Tower (????m) which is in the background.

What I did is I tried to calculate the height of it using simple math although they aren't on the same plan which means that whatever height I get, and since the Index Tower is actually in the foreground, it will be in reality higher :D

Here we go:

Now using a ruler I measured Index tower to be 2.7cm while Iconic 10.5cm and since we know index is 328m high and by doing simple math we get that Iconic Tower is 1276m :nuts:

Let us not forget that this calculation is not accurate since Iconic Tower is in the background hence it is looking shorter than what really it is ;)

That's why I am saying this tower will be 1200m+ :D

The rendering in this video screenshot might be wrong but time will tell :)

Edit: even if you take Iconic Tower to be 10cm and do the same calculation we still get a number higher than 1200m :D

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
You must remember that the Index is distance away in that image.
So is the Iconic Tower. In fact, the IT is further away in the picture than The Index.

·
Registered
791 Posts
:banana::banana:^^^ Yes, as long as the rendering is correct (usually they are)Dubai will still have the worlds tallest structure. I am so happy Santiago is designing this tower, he is probably my second favorite architect and for a tower like this (i.e canton tower, Seattle space needle, CN Tower) I definitely want Santiago Calatrava as the starchitect.

·
Perfect Player
1,460 Posts
Oh boy :eek:hno:

I can take a lot of crap in Dubai. I can bear with the Flame Towers in BB, I have no problem with the Berwaz Frame, I can survive Al-Yaquob with no problem, but this is really out of my comfort zone. Sorry to say, but it looks like utter crap and I hope it gets replaced with something better.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
I don't want to admit it but I liked the other proposals better but this one is new and truly one of a kind

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
this tower would be easily above 1,600 meters.
A new tower is to be proposed in Tokyo, and would be a mile high. The reason the height for this project is not being said is because they will intend to beat that one, not the Kingdom tower in KSA.

The render is just a render and with the measurements remember that the Index tower is kilometres nearer to the perspective point. This means that the 1200+ meters on that calculation actually are short since the Iconic tower will look smaller from the distance.

Remind my words, this would be over a mile high.
Im just wondering how much time would this take to being built.

·
Perfect Player
1,460 Posts
^^ This will clearly be over 4km, as the X-Seed proposal has to be taken as seriously as the 1700m+ new Tokyo tower.

Come on, let's be realistic.

1 - 20 of 407 Posts