Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
24,560 Posts
This area will be unrecognisable once it's all complete. A complete turnaround from a mere few years ago.

Glad to see a lot of retail around the base spilling out into the new pocket park.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
I'm bored by it to be honest, another dreary Wilkinson Eyre building. Green/ Blue Glass curtain wall, some louvres.....yawn...and some trees on it's terraces hiding the fact this is another tired building concept being flogged again in the city. The City will love it!

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts

·
Let the Jam decide
2,193 Posts
It would be better if the plot was developed into a higher building with a smaller footplate, so some of the plot could be given over to public realm. As any office worker knows out door space is a premium when the sun comes out

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be better if the plot was developed into a higher building with a smaller footplate, so some of the plot could be given over to public realm. As any office worker knows out door space is a premium when the sun comes out
I't cant be much taller as it will then fall into the sightlines protecting the ToL.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
london for you. if they do add these sitelines i think a lot of business will be forced north in the country.
Wishful thinking there mister.

If developers can't build tall buildings companies will just occupy the larger squatter blocks as they have done previously. There's still plenty of office space in London thats not going to run out for a long long time.

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
Wishful thinking there mister.

If developers can't build tall buildings companies will just occupy the larger squatter blocks as they have done previously. There's still plenty of office space in London thats not going to run out for a long long time.
yeah i know :) if london doesn't thrive then perhaps the north will not too. that's my fear.

i'm not sure about the argument that everything will be ok and companies will just occupy shorter buildings or other parts of london though, i think that's going to put companies off massively. anyway i'll leave that debate for the correct thread.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i know :) if london doesn't thrive then perhaps the north will not too. that's my fear.
Yes but although its annoying for us if there's more and more restrictions for tall buildings in London there are still millions & millions of Sq ft of potential office space in the City,CW, Paddington, City fringe, Southbank, West End, Victoria, Euston & Greenwich. Most companies are not that bothered how tall their offices are, most in fact want shorter buildings with large floorplates. I dont think sightlines are going to be the death of the London office market. The London skyline though is another matter :(

1 - 20 of 124 Posts