Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find out/who knows which tenents occupy One Canada Square and at which floors?
All I know is The Mirror is in there but I don't know what floors.

Also, what's in the traingular roof? My mate says it's water. Incase of a fire the roof opens up and water coming gushing down the side to put out the fire. I think he's wrong though.

Anyways, if you could answer the two questions i'd appreciate it.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
There's a board somewhere in Canada Square that has a list of all the tenants - it's quite a long list actually.

As for the pyramid - well, like most skyscrapers, the plant/air-con system is there at the top. Sometimes there's so much steam rising from it, people actually think the building is on fire.

It might also interest you to know that several bird shelters are under there as well. Yes, you heard me right - bird shelters! There was a news story recently about Canary Wharf Group trying to "green up" the estate, and part of this plan includes bird shelters and other little bits of wildlife here and there.

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF! If they wanted green then they should've put grass on the pyramid sides of One Canada Square and the top of the HSBC, Citigroup and Churchill Place!

Edit: Apart from paying £1.20 on the tube (yes, i'm cheap ;) ) and going to CW to get the tenants list is there anywhere else I can a list.

Also, another question cropped to my mind. Can I go to the top of any of the towers of the Canary Wharf complex?
That's either the tall ones, One Canada Sqaure, HSBC, Citigroup, Barclays etc.

Cheers

·
Administrator
35,220 Posts
-
Agence Française de Securité Sanitare des Produits de Santé
-
Alvarez & Marsal
-
Bear Stearns International
-
Burlington Resources
-
Canary Wharf Group plc
-
Clearstream Banking
-
Coutts & Co
-
Curvalue International Ltd
-
E Trade
-
Euler Hermes UK plc
-
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries' Associations
-
Global Sage
-
Goldenberg Hehmeyer
-
Hartford Life
-
International Grains Council
-
International Sugar Corporation
-
Kilpatrick Stockton
-
KPMG
-
London 2012
-
Maersk Company
-
Medecins du Monde
-
Novartis Europharm
-
Primus Telecommunications
-
Regus
-
State Street
-
Swiss Stock Exchange
-
Teach First
-
Telegraph Group Ltd
-
The Bank of New York
-
Trinity Mirror
-
Virtex Exchange Limited

·
Registered
54 Posts
However, eXSBass, if you can hold that temetation of yours until the 'race to the skies' takes place amid c.London and CW, you'll be able to reach the top of Columbus Tower, 122..., Heron T and LBT OR Near enough to the top in a matter of years:(
- or do what i do and go parachiting or
-hire the odd plane now n then ya kno?;)

·
Founder of the 'Gy'.
3,129 Posts
Has anyone noticed that on The Apprentice they constantly show nice gleeming shots of 1CS and other prime London buildings. The office has super large posters showing the Docklands, T42 etc. Yet there is not a single picture or reference to the actual building in which they are located, a scruffy 1970's brick office block outside Brentwood railway station. Anyone would think that Amstrad would be listed in the above tennant chart ;0/

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
But Amstrad suck...........

Thier e-mail phone is a waste of space.

Also, what's in the traingular roof? My mate says it's water. Incase of a fire the roof opens up and water coming gushing down the side to put out the fire. I think he's wrong though.
Heh!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I think the only building in London at the moment which has a 'public' viewing gallery at the top is T42 - that's got a Champagne Bar on the top floor that I presume you can just walk up to. Although I suspect there's a dress code to get in.

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
dronkula said:
I think the only building in London at the moment which has a 'public' viewing gallery at the top is T42 - that's got a Champagne Bar on the top floor that I presume you can just walk up to. Although I suspect there's a dress code to get in.
hmm not sure about that. If So, I'll get my suit out. I know the restraunt is very strict and you have to book a table which is very expensive. Maybe something to do on a special occasion (Hint Hint *cough* dad :D)

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
Cat man do said:
Has anyone noticed that on The Apprentice they constantly show nice gleeming shots of 1CS and other prime London buildings. The office has super large posters showing the Docklands, T42 etc. Yet there is not a single picture or reference to the actual building in which they are located, a scruffy 1970's brick office block outside Brentwood railway station. Anyone would think that Amstrad would be listed in the above tennant chart ;0/
yeh, noticed that. I watch it purely for the London shots :cheers:

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Lloyds is also accessible but it costs an absolute fortune to get in - a few hundred pounds for a tour of the interior.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
You can always wait till London Open House- Last year you coul go up Lloyds, Swiss Re, Plantation house & numerous others.

Would be cool if they opened up the top of the BT tower or Centrepoint or try & get CW involved but they seem a bit mean with regards letting thee public get into there buildings.

·
Aerial Erector
1,492 Posts
Guys top floor 30 leads out to an empty room, which leads to a lecture theatre in the sticky out bit, go up in the lifts on the left hand side and press 30! there is a great view apart from the dirty windows!! there is a pull down shutter out of hours stopping you seeing north but you can still see south, other floors of interest - 23 dental new patients and enquirys 29 - The Robens suite (a function room!) 13 has lots of delivery rooms! 19 is a giant plant room! 9,10,11,12,14,15 and 16 are wards 5,7,8,17,18 are labs 1 is intensive care most of the 20 sometings are dental including two whole floors as a dental school above 30 is plant in the smaller sticly out bit the top roof would I guess be 35 oh and the tower has at least three basement levels :)

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
london lad said:
You can always wait till London Open House- Last year you coul go up Lloyds, Swiss Re, Plantation house & numerous others.

Would be cool if they opened up the top of the BT tower or Centrepoint or try & get CW involved but they seem a bit mean with regards letting thee public get into there buildings.
ah yes, although expect a long wait to get up Swiss Re. I did, but it was worth it imo. Might go up plantation place next time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
WTF! If they wanted green then they should've put grass on the pyramid sides of One Canada Square and the top of the HSBC, Citigroup and Churchill Place!
Funny you should say that... they are installing a green roof on 1 Churchill Place!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts