SkyscraperCity Forum banner

One day exploring wonderful Knoxville, TN 2017

8892 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  A CITY
I spent December 30th, 2017 exploring Knoxville, TN which I had not been to since 2010. Man was I blown away by all the progress downtown has revitalized in the past seven years. Lots of activity downtown and fantastically rehabbed historic buildings. The riverfront (especially on the south bank of the Tennessee River) is starting to develop nicely with new greenways, parks, and developments. Knoxville is the third largest city and MSA in Tennessee, home of the University of Tennessee, and is considered the Tenessee gateway to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

Enjoy these photos of The Marble City!

Downtown:

Old City:

Art Museum/World's Fair Park District:

Tennessee River waterfront area:

Ijams Nature Center:

Breweries and Taprooms:

Bonus!

Happy New Year!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Ah, my old stomping grounds.

Downtown Knox is small, but is underrated, and has tons of potential (looks like they are starting to realize some of that).

It won't ever have the bar district Nashville has (nor should it) partially because UT will pull a lot of that its way....

Market Square is a treasure, and should be treated accordingly.

Always loved the vibe of the Old City. Strange to no longer see Patrick Sullivans.

Knoxville has a smallish downtown, but has loads of potential. Not so much in terms of highrises....more in terms of street level.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.