SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
13,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redevelopment of the Dominion Public Building by Larco Investments and designed by architectsAlliance.

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to permit 2 residential towers on top of the existing heritage designated Public Dominion Building at 1 Front Street West. A total of 86,758 square metres of gross floor area is proposed, consisting of 836 residential units, 251 hotel rooms, and 8,986 square metres of retail.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=4419149&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

·
34,743 Posts
Absolutely outrageous that a developer thinks this is ok. While you're at it, why not propose a split level home with car port on the lawn of Queen's Park. The expression 'barbarians at the gate' never rang so true.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I usually say build it I can't recall a development where I said they need to deny this before.... but I'm saying it now....

THEY NEED TO DENY THIS, this absolutely must not happen!!!! What a disgusting piece of shit this proposal is I'm dumbfounded....

·
34,743 Posts
It doesn't have an iceberg's chance in hell of happening. I suppose they have to look at anything that comes across their desk but this must have caused lots of head shakes.

Larco Investments and architectsAlliance. aA should have turned it down on the spot. You'd think they'd be embarrassed having their name on this. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd have to agree with most of the posters here. This proposal is an abomination. Let's hope it gets rejected. One Front is classical architecture and the city should actually be making an effort to preserve it.
Ditto. Given the recent additions of Massey Tower and 88 Scott one would have every reason to expect an inspired Tower proposal for the Public Dominion Building instead of this.:eek:hno:

·
Interstellar Yet Local
41 Posts
Redevelopment of the Dominion Public Building by Larco Investments and designed by architectsAlliance.

Ok. Architects Alliance have hopped into the stupidity mobile and just put the pedal to the metal. This is just SO wrong! :(

·
Administrator
76,795 Posts
Updates; follow the link for lots of details!!:
Massing Revised, Office Space Added to Mixed-Use One Front Proposal
Revised Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw Amendment applications have been submitted by Larco Investments for a two-tower mixed-use proposal slated to rise above the heritage designated Dominion Public Building at 1 Front Street West in the heart of Downtown Toronto. First submitted for approval in July, 2018, the proposal has been tied up at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) following the City's refusal of the applications. Changes made to the proposed mix of uses, massing, and overall siting of the development are intended to resolve outstanding issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts