1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stop the World...
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04/06/2005
Pancevo, Serbia.
Old brewery, built in 1722.

Pretpostavljam da ce ovu nesrecnu pivaru zameniti neka nova, predivna, supermoderna gomila plavih staklica... :| :puke:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
:cry: I walked past that place everyday but on the other side so all I really saw was the smokestack. Since it's under the "Cultural Protection of the Government" I would recommend (rather yell at them) to rebuild it. It truly is important because Weifert was very important in both Belgrade and Pancevo for economic development. I wish they had renovated it before this happened, the old wiring or something as a result of its age is probably to blame. My guess would either be that they are going to rebuild it or leave it like that. I doubt anything would be built in its place.

·
Stop the World...
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PyRoMaNiAc said:
I wish they had renovated it before this happened, the old wiring or something as a result of its age is probably to blame.
I've heard that it was rented to a furniture manufacturer... Could have been used for some smarter duty IMHO.

PyRoMaNiAc said:
My guess would either be that they are going to rebuild it or leave it like that. I doubt anything would be built in its place.
I iz tvojih usta... takodje.

·
Where is my Genie lamp?
886 Posts
You see what they did with the old brewaries and factories in Poland - turned them into malls and now they look great. They even rebuilt the baroque church in Dresden....anything can be rebuilt and improved upon, nothing lasts for ever.

Salvage what you can and rebuilt the rest.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
wholagun said:
You see what they did with the old brewaries and factories in Poland - turned them into malls and now they look great.
Oh man, anything but that. I'd rather see them as lofts or possibly have walk-up stores with residential above. Obviously, in Pančevo, all of this is a bit unrealistic.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hopefully it will get rebuilt soon. :) I don't think the reconstruction will take that long, if there is a large construction crew working. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
If there's a museum called: "Muzj ilegalnih partizanskih stamparija" in Belgrade, why there wouldn't be a beer museum in Pancevo. There are 11 breweries in Serbia, I'm sure they have something to show. It would be a real attraction. And having an exibition part, pub, restaurant, beer basement, a place for rock n' blues concerts. And it's less than 20 minutes friom Belgrade.
People here just need some ideas, so this is mine. Hope it'll be rebuilded, but it'll be something more than a furniture factory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts