Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
Great shots. With the stadium etc it reminded me of a forum-famous night series I think Ipggi did of Melbourne a couple of years ago - we are still re-posting those shots.

But somehow, your guy cooling his feet in the water shows the climate somewhat different at this time of year.

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
Hmmm. I'm a bit long in the tooth now of course, but on the whole I'm not too keen on girls with hairy legs - or slight moustaches either. Just a personal preference, of course - you young guys can take the world as you find it.

·
Glitter & Grease
2,052 Posts
Wow, its been a while since i was in brissy and i forgot how beautiful southbank was. Stunning shots, well done!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Stunning pictures.

I find it strange that those (rather beautiful!) fountains are still being operated. here in melb all public fountains are either drained, or not active. (which is, well, kinda stupid) its tokenistic drought intiatives. I thought the situation in SEQ was worse than down here, so why are they still on. Maybe BCC isn't as obsessed with smokescreens with the MCC.

·
449 Posts
Stunning pictures.

I find it strange that those (rather beautiful!) fountains are still being operated. here in melb all public fountains are either drained, or not active. (which is, well, kinda stupid) its tokenistic drought intiatives. I thought the situation in SEQ was worse than down here, so why are they still on. Maybe BCC isn't as obsessed with smokescreens with the MCC.
Stangely enough this new aqua-park opened in the middle of Brisbane's level 4 or 5 water restrictions. It uses water that has been trucked in from outside the water resticted Brisbane area.

I dont condone wasting trucked in water, but thats how it is...

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
:banana: is what this deserves. Yes, dancing bananas for all!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts