SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something that is really surprising!
There are three Ambi Malls coming up. The really big ones will be in Delhi and Gurgaon. Then there is one coming up in Vasant Kunj. The big ambi malls will have five above ground levels(Ground Floor, First Floor, Second Floor, Third Floor, Fourth & Typical Platinum Floor) and 3 underground levels. The 2nd and 3rd underground level are completely parking. The 1st is mostly parking but some others!!!!

Gurgaon and Delhi(Lower)

Vasant Kunj

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
^:?

The third one is pretty good. The designs are getting better, but I still find all the little "flourishes" on the exteriors as unnecessary and somewhat tacky. They should also work to build more residential or hotel towers on top of these malls.

·
can the can
1,145 Posts
Asians and malls

What is it with Asians thinking really big malls are great? The rest of the world is getting rid of them. It must have something to do with the need for a safe space removed from all the poor people sleeping on the streets.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not all Asian countries are poor. Japan. :) And India won't be poor always. And China is definetely not always gonna be poor. Also, U.S mall where I live some are old. I see people asking money around it. Many people in them didn't even buy causing mall to go bust. In Asia, there are enough people for mall to not go most. there is always someone who can buy out of a billion people!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
shaggers_jr said:
What is it with Asians thinking really big malls are great? The rest of the world is getting rid of them. It must have something to do with the need for a safe space removed from all the poor people sleeping on the streets.
Some of these Asian countries are in hot humid climates with heavy rain season. Most people in these countries rather shop in air-conditioned buildings than shop outdoors.

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
The current record in South Asia is held by Dean Center in Peshawar.

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
shaggers_jr said:
We are? :?

·
Registered
103 Posts
As far as I can tell, Vancouver isn't getting rid of big malls...in fact, our malls are getting bigger...are all those skeletons going to be shopping? or will there be offices, hotels etc...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There will be a five star hotel connected to the mall and a Multiplex and water park. 64,000 square feet food court. Vancouver has nice malls.

·
BANGKOK
13,331 Posts
shaggers_jr said:
I think I should ask you really what you are thinking??? :sleepy:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts