Votes: 19 16.2%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
I voted 3.

The building is a 10 in my books.

But the billboards?! Where's the building?!

The saving grace is the "Give my regards to pork chops" billboard. I love pork billboards.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
too much billboards on this thing...

but still, they got rid of the historic facade of this building and replaced with a mostly glass one. so even if u remove the billboards it's still gonna be bad.

so i guess i really don't mind the billboards on the building in its current state, but they should've never ripped the original facade off the building.

8 then, 4 now, so i guess i vote 6 (the billboards are 10 times more interesting than its current state)

·
17,268 Posts
7 world trade is correct, they stripped the old building of everything but the structure and covered it in glass and concrete to a 60's style horror! without the MAGNIFICENT billboards it would look like crap!

And an answer to an earlier question - no one works there, the building is empty, it earns enough money from its advertizing that it dosent need tenants. it also dosent have tenants because the billboards block out the light not to mention the fact that its shape dosent allow for much office space.

·
Banned
894 Posts
first time I see this tower without billboards....anyway I give it a 2 out of 10 because you can't see a sh*t out of this tower, looks like a bag of billboards stapled up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
10/10 the building dosent look like that anymore and without the billboards it would look horrific. the billboards look awesome at night and times square wouldnt be the same without them.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Centerpiece of Times Square and one of the focal points of the city, possibly the world. It's been there through it all and dominated ever since when it was built and all the classic Broadway shows were going on under it, when Houdini got away from the chains suspended on the side of the buildng, it was also there with a whole new look while whores sold themselves under its base and it's still there, with yet another whole new look, at the intersection of Broadway and 42nd Street, a must have in postcard stores, the centerpiece of the New Year's celebration, and the center of Times Square - the busiest and most exciting area of the most exciting city of the Western Hemisphere. How could you not give that a 10?
There is more to a building than its looks, guys.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
0/10

21 - 40 of 116 Posts