SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2500 Bloor Street West | Proposed | ?? st | Bloor West Village

The Tridel Corporation has announced that it plans a major condo project on the site of the Old Mill car dealership near Bloor and Jane (2500 Bloor St. West). It is appaently to close in 2009. This is a key site and the project will set the tone at the “gateway” to Bloor West Village, including the old Humber Odeon block which has again changed owners.

http://2500bloor.ca/index.php

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I hope they do something that fits in with the character of the area and not just some god awful concrete mass.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2500 Bloor Street West Website

A website has been set up by Tridel's planning department to keep the public informed: http://www.2500bloor.ca. Documentation and information is being posted there for people to download. The Bloor Street West Workbook should be read by anyone interested in this development.

Documentation from the September 4th, 2008 meeting is now online.

There is discussion thread set up on the Urban Toronto website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the West Plaza option is the best. Hopefully this project will not be derailed due to the economic climate.

Next up, the bunker right at Jane and Bloor....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Not sure if this is posted already. I am a new member so give me a few posts to get used to how you guys get things done around here. I just came across skyscrapercity forum through a friend who is passionate about real estate. Looks like a sort of place that you'd appreciate complimentary information to condos that you don't see elsewhere. As I read your posts, I'll figure out what you guys most care about and contribute accordingly to make the forum even better. Feedback would of course be welcome :)

I've been meaning to start posting earlier but been really busy. Given the latest news by Tridel regarding One Old Mill in Toronto, I thought it would be a great first post :D

Pretty impressive...............now if you guys/girls want to attend the first viewing which starts TOMORROW, you have to go to Tridel's website here:

http://www.tridel.com/oldmill/rsvp.php?elq=e1323a86f89f4bb288c0d4a0fd4d5591

what are your thoughts on the project?

·
Moderatee
1,096 Posts
As far as i know, this forum is for people interested in critiquing the buildings themselves, primarily downtown projects, usually the taller ones, not really a place to solicit real estate, investment or purchasing.
Regarding this particular 'retirement home', nestled quietly in the burbs, not too tall, not too interesting, tired-ass massing, tired-ass stone cladding, etc., it's a bore. Sorry.
The suburban stuff should be especially interesting to even be posted -which this is not.

have you tried MLS?

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks Sammo,

sorry I guess my post gave you the wrong impression. I wasn't trying to solicit real estate or any business. Rather I was trying to get a feel of the poster's opinion about the project. I just thought people here would like to see pictures of new projects, floorplans etc. that aren't released elsewhere, maybe check out the place themselves. something to that effect. All that to allow people to discuss the building itself. I appreciate your comment, will read more to get a feel for what the posters here care about most.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as i know, this forum is for people interested in critiquing the buildings themselves, primarily downtown projects, usually the taller ones, not really a place to solicit real estate, investment or purchasing.
Regarding this particular 'retirement home', nestled quietly in the burbs, not too tall, not too interesting, tired-ass massing, tired-ass stone cladding, etc., it's a bore. Sorry.
The suburban stuff should be especially interesting to even be posted -which this is not.

have you tried MLS?
I wouldn't categorize Bloor West Village as being in the suburbs.

Regarding this project, there is a pretty big uproar in the neighbourhood. Complaints are that it is too tall and will create further pressure on traffic in the area. I agree it may be a little overwhelming, I'd be happy with something maybe around 7 storeys.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
The interior is excellent. Very inviting!

·
38,910 Posts
Reminds me a little of Tip Top. (This isn't a highrise: wrong section?)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
By Tridelwebmaster on UT.

Recent photos of the Humberview Group and Tridel Opening Reception for One Old Mill at the recently completed Presentation Centre. October 20, 2010.

Detail of the Old Mill Drive entrance:

A few more shots of the One Old Mill scale model:

Bloor Street West elevation

Old Mill Drive elevation:

Humberview Drive elevation

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

One Old Mill is a LEED candidate registered with the Canada Green Building Council to pursue LEED certification by the LEED Green Building Rating System, the most recognized certification system for high performance "green" buildings in North America. Tridel's construction management company, Deltera, has been very involved in the design build of One Old Mill and is working to produce a very high quality building. Deltera has registered 10% of all LEED construction in Canada and has considerable experience and expertise.

We respect everyone's right to have and make an opinion on any of our communities, but we would like to emphasize that this is going to be a high quality, high performance building that will meet Tarion warranty requirements. A great deal of time and resources has been dedicated to the interior space of the common areas and especially to the suite layouts, maximizing space and living areas. The commitment to LEED standards means healthier, more comfortable living for residents as well as more energy efficiency resulting in lower maintenance fees.

People should visit recently completed Tridel communities and also check Tridel's exemplary warranty record with Tarion to get familiar with the Tridel brand.

Below are some recent proofs from our brochure showing the Bloor St W and Riverview intersection. The community will be landscaped on Old Mill Drive, Bloor Street West and Riverview Gardens. The roof features a sky lounge for residents, a green roof and solar thermal panels.

Besides the wealth of local area amenities that the Kingsway and Bloor West Village has to offer, residents will have have:
- fitness centre
-swimming pool with whirlpool
-steam room
-yoga room
-party room
-private dining room
-theatre room
-two guest suites

Thanks for all your comments.

Site Map

Ground Floor Amenities

Lower Floor Amenities

·
Registered
7 Posts

One Old Mill is a LEED candidate registered with the Canada Green Building Council to pursue LEED certification by the LEED Green Building Rating System, the most recognized certification system for high performance "green" buildings in North America. Tridel's construction management company, Deltera, has been very involved in the design build of One Old Mill and is working to produce a very high quality building. Deltera has registered 10% of all LEED construction in Canada and has considerable experience and expertise.
If you are interested in the details of the LEED program, you can check out their site: http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=1989

the interior of this condo is very elegant. Personally I love the pool area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
boundaries this way

about our own beast-like nature how often we bury feelings within instinct and how those emotions surface in rhc forms of neuroses and disorders anxiety ulccrs and tension. The idea ol "judging not" is foundation is sound: the perfect cadence of Jarbouka. long notes from Dcdc's flute Burke's raised toes upon baby powder. "In Sufism we believe that the source of cheap nike shox everything is one single thing. It is like this: if we have one burning match and if. with this match we light many different types of candles we might coach handbags sec hundreds of Hames from candles wood paper and so on. but ultimately they all come from a single source which is the flame of that single match. So life is similar to this it is a human tendency to separate things hut originally they all come from a single source." discount coach bags Dcde seems proud of his accomplishments a sincere satisfaction that he's making a living through music while involved in spiritual transformation. His sound alchemy has allowed nike shox nz him to as he states travel "more than any airline cap- rain." At 39 he's nor the image of a wondersrruck youth though his boyish looks keep him looking younger than his passport confirms. He is happy that his shows draw an interesting mixture of fans "older people young people head scarf girls gays straight guys punkers clubbers." In New York we can add to the list a racially and economically divergent dynamic including one fan Hying from Flor¬ida nike shox turbo just to see his favorite musician. Not all his lans are interested in Dcdc's music. His image is equally iconoclas¬tic and if that helps break down doors fine by him. "With the music and the media we try to create openness. If you do that whatever you do is helping progress the society. Two nights ago 1 got e-mail from a boy in Eastern Turkey nike shox who nike shox r4 said 'I don't like your music 1 think it's really boring.' That's the first thing he says. 'But my mom loves you and since she loves you she let me wear an ear¬ring. so I thank you.' You break boundaries this way." Under a Blood Red Sky Sufi ritual reaches for something beyond the everyday but this does not make it inaccessible unreachable completely "other." As Shah noted "there is no theo¬retical coach hand bags or intellectual Sufism; any more than there can be a Sufi movement which the latter is a redundancy hccause all Sufic being is movement and a movement embracing all nike shox shoes phenomena ol a similar kind." Severe physical and psychical disci¬pline is nike outlet required and most importantly suspension of disbelief. The flagship American motto that coach outlet you must "believe what you sec " will not suffice. coach bags To engage in the transcendent to lose oneself in the twirl this is the goal that when accomplished is not a goal so much as being involved in the process of living.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts