Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WB will be givign Bangladesh $3.9 billion over the next three years which is $1.3 billion per year. So it basically shows mone yis no problem.

I think Bangladesh has huge capacity to produce food regardless of the weather with vertical farms. Vertical farms are farms which are operated within buildings. In a vertical farm the temperature is controlled to grow virtually any crop. The problem with is NOT THE COST, but the electricity which it needs. In a vertical farm artificaly light is needed to feed light to the plants. water is no problem since water is everywhere in the country.

The benfit of vertical farms is using vertical elevations to create more farm land to produce more crops for the demanding population. In which the cost of food prices will go down and we don't have to depend on India, which I know, love selling foods at a high prices to their fellow starving Bangladeshis.

Think about it this way. You take 5 acres of farm land and create more farm land by building up. By creating 10 floors you multiply the farm land by 10 and since the building will be above ground level and temperature will controlled, you don't have to worry about monsoons or cold temperatures or extreme heat. The crops will get light at a precise time and water at a precise time, which will increase production and lower teh prices of food. Which ultimately leads to no starvation.

Bangladesh has tremendous number of agriculture engineers, my dad being one of them who worked in BADC.

·
Banned
338 Posts
bangladesh is a fertile country and by your own admission has lots agricultulal engineers like your dad. So what the hell are these people doing, the country should be net exporter of food stuff instead of receiving handouts for food from the world bank. Total and utter incompetence and waste of opportunities

·
Registered
105 Posts
In terms of rice production, Bangladesh is 4th largest in the world. But, unfortunatley. population is large enough to cancel out this production capabilites and we have to import almost 15-20% rice from outside.

·
Tetulia theke Teknaf
1,865 Posts
In terms of rice production, Bangladesh is 4th largest in the world. But, unfortunatley. population is large enough to cancel out this production capabilites and we have to import almost 15-20% rice from outside.

importing 15-20% rice from outside is really an improvement from what it was in 70s and before.

·
Proud son of Bengal
4,692 Posts
Make the cricket team plough the fields...at least those guys can be put to some yielding use.

·
Tetulia theke Teknaf
1,865 Posts
^^I know what you mean, guys. Even I am getting impatient with our "cricket stars". They need to wake up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts