SkyscraperCity banner

441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
The supertall is looking pretty damn good. I hope they rework that one shorter building to look a little more like the taller two. Hoping that this is the last major redesign to the supertall and middle building, I'd be happy seeing them go up looking like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What are the chances of us getting what the render promises?
I'm going to say that it'll be a decent chance that we get what is in the renders. The project has been redesigned quite a bit since the original renders came out, with this being the third major re imagining of the project. Any further alterations will likely be small design changes. I figure the condos are pretty much good to go design wise at this point.

If anything is getting redesigned or reworked, it'll probably be the new extension of the Toronto Star building and the other funky office building next to it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The shoring rig for the SkyTower site is finally back.

wmedia at UT

^^^ Lots more great renders at adhocstudio.ca (including the exquisite One Delisle)

A month or so ago, the goldish accents on SkyTower inspired me to do a partial make-over of the Yorkville to the lake future render I did with Koops years ago - this includes new additions (eg. 1200 Bay), new designs (eg. Star Tower), a few generic place-holders and some improved cladding/skins (e.g. financial district).

Still missing dozens of projects (Union Park got nixed ‘cause I was tired and it blocked CIBC Square South ;-) 372 Yonge would be nice addition. *If you look at the larger render (link below) you'll see all the friggin' yellow/gold lines I had to draw to trim SkyTower ;-)

SMALL

LARGE RENDER (perfect for SmartPhones)
LINK: http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/July-2020-pano.jpg

·
Administrator
77,034 Posts
Remember the future renderings you did waaaay back when? They were inspirational, and for ages I had one as my desktop wallpaper! They seemed so futuristic; so impossible. Now they exist much as you showed them. Glad a few things did not happen; the proposed Stinson Tower with the ball on top for one.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thx TB. I should get off my butt and update the render with all the new stuff at Yonge/Gerrard and Yonge/Wellesly...

Lol re: Harry... now poor Buffalo has to deal with him.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Phase One rising on the left, SkyTower pile boring (shoring) the site on the right.

mburrrrr

Inset “Channel” cladding close-up - Phase One. Lookin’ good.

mburrrrr

Though the runt of the litter, (especially compared to SkyTower), Phase One @ 217m deserves some props. The Phase One south elevation render below shows a giant head to toe balcony ”swoop", presumably with two different types of balcony glass (or glass plus another material). Could be interesting.

South elevation render of Phase One

UT

BONUS - All three phases - render view of the lake.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts