SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
That would be a shame. WQ is the only area in Auckland with a grid pattern and resultant service lanes. Ideally you'd want to have one drive way per block because the street grid allows that.

VXV already has 2 and this could potentially be the 3rd, emptying out into the council's signature rain garden/pedestrian oriented street.

Halsey St already is full of driveways. Always trucks parked on footpath in front of Sofitel.

YEAH I AM ANGRY! Hope you people can calm my nerves.. Why is this SHOWING only 7 floors in a paradise position of green park one side and one of the most beautiful harbours in the world on the other .. A joy for staff to work in.. When the can see over the building in-front also 7 floors blocking their view to the sea? I assume there is a mistake since not one is evil enough to leave off a floor which would have allowed them to see over the 7 floor building closer to the ocean.. Something going on here. I am getting angry..

KiwiBank Building

Kiwibank to move Auckland corporate office to the Wynyard Quarter as CEO says the state owned bank is 'under represented' in the City of Sails

Kiwibank's Auckland corporate staff will shift to a new building with 25% more floor space than the bank's existing Auckland location as it eyes growth in New Zealand's biggest city.

Kiwibank will have naming rights on the building at 155 Fanshawe Street in the Wynyard Quarter, which will be ready for occupation in late 2020. The state owned bank says it plans to grow its presence in Auckland "substantially" over the next few years.

“This new building gives us the opportunity to boost our presence and offering in Auckland for both personal and business customers. As New Zealand’s largest Kiwi owned bank we have been under represented in Auckland. This investment in a world-class facility matches our Wellington presence and steps up our Auckland footprint," Kiwibank CEO Steve Jurkovich says.

“Auckland provides further options for people to join Kiwibank as a team member. Our location will also position us near other leading New Zealand companies and at the centre of the largest innovation and technology hub in New Zealand."

"More space in Auckland means we can spread our senior leader presence and reduce risk from a business continuity planning perspective," says Jurkovich.

The 2,429 square metre floorspace gives about 25% more floorspace than Kiwibank's current offices at 151 Victoria Street West where about 225 staff work. The bank says staff will work in "an agile and flexible environment that supports activity-based work settings."

The building is designed by Mansons.

“Kiwibank’s new corporate site is about maximising opportunities. The Auckland market is large, the talent pool is rich, and Kiwibank is in a growth phase. We are thinking ahead, and this makes a lot of sense," says Jurkovich.

Kiwibank was forced to abandon its Wellington headquarters in November 2016 after the Kaikoura earthquake damaged New Zealand Post House. Some 500 Kiwibank staff now work out of offices at 20 Customhouse Quay, with another 300 to 350 staff at its High Street Lower Hutt office. In 2014 Kiwibank opened a new office in Hastings, where more than 100 staff were to be based, in a risk mitigation move.

Source: Interest.co.nz

^^ Good spotting. No idea.

Anyway, I think the One55 building is... OK. But is is already dated. It looks early 90s with that exposed column and the staggered corner. A bit like PWC on the Wellington waterfront.

Are architects self-aware? - even when designing something that is little more than a slight variation on another concrete box do they know how easy it is for their work to look clichéd/ dated? I know they are usually chasing some trend to differentiate themselves in a crowded market, but 5 years later.......

Nothing inherently wrong about this building in my view, but nothing inherently right either

Now that overpass down the street... that's a different story!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.