Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Oneworld airline alliance, which includes Qantas added three new members this year - JAL Japan Airlines, Malev Hungarian and Royal Jordanian.

Although the airline alliance includes British Airways, American Airlines, Qantas and Cathay Pacific - it still has the smallest market share and amount of passengers flown compared with the other two major alliances - Star Alliance and Skyteam.

Which airlines do you think should join Oneworld ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
well the main reason for the smaller share of passengers is one world typically attracts higher class airlines which attract a higher fare.. Qantas and BA arent particularly cheap 2 fly on in general. Skyteam has airlines such as Korean, Delta etc.. big international carriers however not as highly classed and with cheaper seats.
I would like to see singapore leave star alliance and join oneworld

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to see either Qatar/Gulf/Emirates (although Emirates is unlikely as they are in an alliance with Sri Lankan Airlines) and Thai/Singapore Airlines.

Not sure about El Al as Royal Jordanian services Tel Aviv.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Emirates owns Sri Lankan, well at least a major share.
2 airlines serving the same port isnt a big deal.

There is talk that Virgin Blue may join Star Alliance as it progressively moves away from it's low cost base.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Oneworld needs a stronger African presence, but SAA is already in Star Alliance, and Kenyan is joining Skyteam. I guess RJ is close enough.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little update.

Mexicana is going to join oneworld in 2009.

Oneworld seem to have the Latin American market stitched up between LAN, Iberia, AA and now Mexicana.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Which airlines do you think should join Oneworld ?

Both of these airlines have a fair bit in common.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would love to see either Qatar/Gulf/Emirates (although Emirates is unlikely as they are in an alliance with Sri Lankan Airlines) and Thai/Singapore Airlines.

Not sure about El Al as Royal Jordanian services Tel Aviv.
Not neccessarily an issue... Qantas is patners with Scandinavian Airlines System and Alitalia, and they are both in different alliances (Oneworld, Star Alliance and Skyteam respectively). So alliances with airlines outside the big 3 alliances is a non-issue.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Considering their history I can't really see EK and QF becoming best buddies anytime soon.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
They're both shit airlines.

One of them everybody knows is shit.
One of them spends massive amounts of $$$ on marketing to hide dodgy practises and the fact that they are a mediocre airline.:bash:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ah, so you're talking crap, or should I say, 'dribbling'. I've never been on Aeroflot myself but I haven't heard that they're 'shit' - average maybe, but not bad. As for Emirates, I've flown them quite a few times and my experiences have always been great, and I've heard the same from many many people. What are these dodgy practices that you seem to think Emirates engage in? And how exactly are they mediocre? I get the feeling that you have no idea what you're on about, but I'll give you the chance to write something vaguely informed.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Lol, "dribbling"? I'm probably one of the members here who is furtherest from being a dribbler - how lame.

You obviously don't know any aviation enthusiasts - you're just a sucker for marketing. What about Emirates staff sleeping in toilets, eh?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Respond with some real points please. Otherwise, your behaviour comes off as pretty juvenile. By the way, "furtherest" isn't a word.

Oh yeah, another thing. Please don't presume to know what I do and don't know, and don't accuse me of being a sucker for anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts