·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Courtesy of http://strangeworldjourney.wordpress.com/

Abuja Construction, Aso Rock Backdrop

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if Nigeria has any quality architects. You would think by now developers would start getting foreign architect firms to design and manage these developments.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Unknown Building Under Construction In Ikoyi

·
Registered
382 Posts
BLOOMSBURY WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT​

Name: Bloomsbury Waterfront
Location: Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island – Lagos
Floors: 6
Use: Office
Architects: NLÉ Works
Developer: DreamSpaces Development
Cient: Dreamspaces Development
Team: Kunlé Adeyemi, Farooq Adenugba, Marco Cestarolli, Martin Oreoluwa, Berend Strijland, Olina Terzi
Consultanta: BattleMccarthy, WT Partnership​

The Bloomsbury Waterfront is a 6 floor commercial development situated in the distinguished Walter Carrington community in Victoria Island, Lagos. There will be lettable offices on all 6 floors with lobby space and surface parking for 150 cars. This development will be a ‘Grade A’ commercial building with state of the art access control and security systems.

The project is a premium office space that maximises the great views across the city’s waterfront. It meets contemporary environmental efficiency standards incorporating renewable energy and sustainable building systems, with state of the art access control and security systems. According to BusinessdayOnline it will offer at least 10,000sqm and is slated for completion by the end of 2016.

The building’s form, orientation and structural facade are designed for optimum solar shading, panoramic waterfront views, efficient office space and flexibility of tenancy. It will be suspended off the ground to minimise its footprint, making space for adequate parking and landscaping. The building features a lush sky garden with panoramic views over Victoria Island and Ikoyi, Lagos.

The use of a skylight will assist Dreamspaces in creating an energy efficient commercial building. The inclusion of floor to ceiling windows on previous NLE projects further enables the aim of a green The Bloomsbury Waterfront.

·
Registered
382 Posts
SHELTER TOWER, VICTORIA ISLAND – LAGOS

Name: Shelter Tower
Floors: 15
Use: Office
Developer: Urban Shelter​

The Shelter Tower property Development is a 15-storey office complex plus basement for car parking, with the 1st and 2nd floors additionally dedicated to car parking (ratio 1 space per 40 sq m Net Internal Area).

Shelter Tower is an entirely ‘future proofed’ Grade A office property within the premier Victoria Island (‘VI’) office market of Lagos.

Shelter Tower has concentrated on critical aspects of architectural design, materials employed, Facilities Management, building systems, transport and emissions and recycling to qualify for the highest recognised environmental standards.

Shelter Towers is under construction with the exact attributes required of an office building to meet international business standards;

• Pre-eminent business location on Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island
  • Fully conforming to international Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards
  • On site car parking at ratio 1 parking space per 40 sq m Net Internal Area
  • Fully raised floors and efficient open plan floor plates
  • High standard interior specifications and finishes, in conjunction with good floor to ceiling heights, natural light provision and column spans
  • Sustainable design and environmental considerations (LEED accredited)
  • Western standard building maintenance and well maintained critical systems
  • Zoned AC control across floors
  • External roof space and cafe dedicated to occupants
  • Intercolumniation at 9×9 m

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Courtesy of El-Mansur Atelier

Abuja CBD Construction

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if Nigeria has any quality architects. You would think by now developers would start getting foreign architect firms to design and manage these developments.
I believe we need a bit of both. Although, I agree that the quality of most of the locally design architecture can be sub-par at time but I would rather see Nigerian architect designing Nigerian builds. They just need more exposure and experience particularly on the bigger projects. I think that will come in time.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oops!

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Royal Gardens Mall

SECTOR: Retail
TOTAL PROJECT COST: US$165.2 million
FUND OWNERSHIP: 50.5%
CONSTRUCTION START DATE: January 2015
EXPECTED COMPLETION DATE: December 2017

Potential Tenants: Shoprite, Carrefour, Debenhams

source

a masterplan for the mall is available on this pdf on page 24 if someone wants to host it somewhere and post it.

http://events.rmbms.co.za/downloads/04%20RMB%20Westport.pdf
Click Image to Enlarge

One of the major constraints for large retailers looking to do business in Nigeria is the lack of high-grade retail space. The Royal Gardens Mall is a planned 30 124m2 retail development situated on the busy Lekki-Epe Express way in Lagos. On completion, the Mall will provide high-quality retail space to small- and medium-line businesses that service Nigeria’s growing consumer population.
Source

·
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Palms 2, Extension of Palms Lekki, Lagos | UC

2016 Delivery Date
Persianas have stated that the extension will be delivered by 2016. The extension will include additional facilities such as offices, a 5 star hotel, restaurants, bars and sporting arenas. The project will also include 16,000sqm multistory parking, The extension will have a bridge that crosses the Lekki-Epe Expressway to the waterfront. The extension has been given the name "Palms 2"

The Palms Group of Shopping Malls are:
1) Palms Lekki - 19,520 sqm
2) Palms 2 (I.e. the Palms Extension) - 40,000 sqm
3) Palms Enugu (I.e. Polo Park Mall) - 22,530 sqm
4) Palms Ibadan (I.e. Ibadan Mall) - 21,000 sqm
5) Palms Ilorin (I.e. Ilorin, Kwara Mall) - 12,000 sqm

121 - 140 of 156 Posts