SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone planning a trip to Toronto or Ontario in general?

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
I'll be going to Toronto this summer. My second visit, first was three years ago.

It is actually a family visit, nothing related to the place itself. :tongue2:

·
Banned
6,813 Posts
I'll visit Ontario this summer too, but it's not sure. I'll make a visit to Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, NYC, Philly, Cape Cod, Albany, Syracause, Rochester, etc.

Probably I'll go to RSA, than I'm not going to America.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I'm in Ontario every day, but I was farting around up in the Muskokas this weekend. In terms of natural beauty... Ontario is infinite. I could spend a lifetime exploring every lake, river, winding road and interesting place. I love this province.

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
vid said:
:hug:

Click my sig! </shameless self promotion>
Thanks! Most Americans always thought Thunder Bay is a "shithole", an "ugly town", which is not true at all. Their stereotype is quite strong from what I have heard... virtually towards most cities in Central Canada.

I thought Northern Ontario should be a rather nice place to live--- especially compared to the dense Southern Ontario, some parts of it with Quebecois influence. The skyline is nice-looking, but that's all. Ontario isn't the best province in Canada, except it has the best universities and large corportations.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
^ In a Canadian context, I should say that Ontario has an awful lot more going for it than Universities and corporations.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I spent part of my weekend at a friend's cottage in the Shelburne area (you'll probably have to look that one up :) ). It's very pretty and only a short drive from Toronto.

I'd also recommend Elora for those who haven't been there before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts