• Other (Green, Libertarian, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Since today is the big day, I thought we could all comment and discuss the results as they come in.

What are your thoughts on the current candidates and who are you supporting?

I ended up voting Liberal (Ottawa Centre). I personally like Wynne and think her approach in her most recent budget is more reasonable than what Hudak is offering.

Discuss and be respectful, please. :)

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I voted for the NDP incumbent in my riding, Parkdale-High Park.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
I voted for the NDP incumbent in my riding, Parkdale-High Park.
We live in the same riding. :cheers: I was actually working the election so I may have seen you.

I very reluctantly voted Liberal. They really don't deserve to be in power, but I thought DiNovo had a chance of losing to Leblanc so I had to vote strategically.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Anybody but Hudak & the PC's lol... I voted NDP here in Hamilton and as usual Hamilton is painted orange which makes me happy!

I also like Wynne so I'm happy for her win, I just hope under her watch there will be no more scandals!!!

·
insertoronto
4,035 Posts
WTF! my riding actually went Liberal.. This is going to be talked about, it was considered a very solid PC riding and is by far the largest collapse for any party in the election.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
I voted Liberal. Wynne and McGuinty are two different people, and I've never considered them to somehow be the same type of person. I had waffled between voting NDP or Libs.... but to be honest Andrea Horwath took the NDP platform to the right of traditional, and Wynne took the Libs platform much further left. The nail in the coffin was Horwath's steadfast refusal to deny should would make a pact with the devil and form a coalition government with the Conservatives. When it became clear she would consider it, I dropped them altogether and voted Liberal.
Plus, I really like my MP, Glenn Murray.

This is very, very bad news for Harper as it signals a movement to the Left in Canada. He is on his way out, thankfully. Big Fail for Horwath, who went from holding the balance of power to being the third party. I think she got
a little power-hungry, personally. Horrific news for Hudak, who fully deserves this slap in the face. He was the furthest right candidate I've seen since Harper. Also bad news for Rob Ford, as it will not longer be any advantage for him to claim he is cosy-cosy with loser Hudak.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
My biggest fear was Hudak with a majority and Ford, somehow winning the mayoral race. Now that would have been my worst nightmare. I'm pretty sure Ford will be gone soon, so I'm feeling pretty relaxed right now. World Pride will be much more cheerful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts