1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never was capital of Silesia
It was during Piast times:)

The dates are different from different sources from when it did
In 1202 it became the capital of the Opole principality, which included the entire Upper Silesia region.
^^ Britanica encyclopedia
Od XII w. stolica samodzielnego księstwa śląskiego - pierwszy władca Mieszko Plątonogi z dynastii Piastów zmarł w 1212. Ważny ośrodek handlowo-rzemieślniczy na drodze z Wrocławia do Krakowa.
^^ z strony o Opoplu księstwo slaskie oznaczalo caly slask!!

The Exctract above that from the 12th century the capital of the Silesian Duchy(part of Piast Poland) was Opole the first Piast ruler died in 1212. Its from the opole website

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think it was a mistake to make this city as the capital of separated region 10 years ago. I have the impression that city is impoverishing (or at least is standing by) since that time.
Would be better make it as a part of Lower Silesia.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I think it was a mistake to make this city as the capital of separated region 10 years ago. I have the impression that city is impoverishing (or at least is standing by) since that time.
Would be better make it as a part of Lower Silesia.
yep...opole province is an aberration

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree the Opole Viodovoship is Pointless it should be Divided between Upper Silesia and Lower Silesia. I dont think that we should do another region reform at the moment but sometime in the next 10 years. Opole Is a nice town though it is not as inpoverished as the Areas between Gdansk and Torun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts