SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Orchard Place | Leamouth Peninsula | Pre-planning

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  danm 
#1 ·
Firstly the scheme is being consulted as Orchard Wharf, put that is the same name as the Galliard scheme north of the DLR viaduct adjacent to the River Lea. So that's why i'm using the name of the road that it is closest to the site in question.

Consultation boards: Regal London – Orchard Wharf | Regal London – Orchard Wharf

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Hopefully the new plans interface better with the old basin that you’d never imagine was there, and the designs at least try to match the quality of Goodluck next door.

In the longer-term it would be good to have a pedestrian crossing where the River Lea meets the Thames, to cut off that unwieldy detour up and back down from Canning Town and open up east-west travel along the north bank of the Thames.

#6 ·
A new application has been in the works as mentioned previously for Orchard Wharf.
Some details have been made available before the planning application is submitted in spring 2024.
From what I can tell, they're shifting focus towards a more student-let scheme.
(I'll add in how much it differs from the previously withdrawn 2020 scheme)

Summary:
•217 new affordable homes (826 previously)
•1,365 student accommodation units (0 previously)
•Building height range from 10-23 storeys (15-30 storeys previously)
•Bring back the historic connection from Trinity Buoy Wharf to the East India Dock Basin that was lost when the site was hoarded off.

Timeline
Early 2024: Second stage of consultation.
Spring 2024: Planning application submission
Late 2024: Planning application determination by TH council.
Q2 2025: If approved, work begins.
Q3 2029: Works completed.

More info on Orchard Wharf website: Ocharf Wharf Proposals
Site location:

Early sketch of upcoming proposal: