SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
wishing i was in bkk
370 Posts
theres been some good designs for this plot, would not really mind any of the desgns to go there in all honesty. hope they leave that bit of green space the way it is. there is such a thing as over development:)

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
just got an invite for pre-sales presentation of the 30 yr leasehold condos of the ORIENTAL RESIDENCES (I think there are 44 condo units from news reports)....

this weekend at the 18Floor, GPF Wittayu Tower A, Wireless Road....

no connection to Mandarin Oriental.....

I really like the location (but dont like leaseholds)....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Same owners as the Oriental in Bangkok

Actually if i got it right and from what i heard, it does have connection to the Oriental in Bangkok, both will be the same owners -Italian-Thai group and same managment.I think it will be branded as Oriental managment officialy too.
I got invited to this Pre Launch as well, so i guess we will know more by then.

Ohh and i dont like leasehold as well, especially not in Thailand.

·
Registered
126 Posts
No. I checked absolutely no link with Mandarin Oriental. Looks like the local thai partners are doing this to ride the brand name. In fact heard that they are using Amari to do all of the hotel-related services. Kinda misleading I'd say.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
sorry I dont think its the same management/brand.....if it was, they would use the name "Mandarin Oriental" and the famous "fan" logo....

here they are just using the generic name "Oriental"......

Actually if i got it right and from what i heard, it does have connection to the Oriental in Bangkok, both will be the same owners -Italian-Thai group and same managment.I think it will be branded as Oriental managment officialy too.
I got invited to this Pre Launch as well, so i guess we will know more by then.

Ohh and i dont like leasehold as well, especially not in Thailand.

·
Zimoune
2,615 Posts
yeah- and Mandarin recently invested to change the name of the oriental (riverside) to Mandarin Oriental. definitely an issue here. however, location is right, ithalthai is great, views are awesome, is it special 60/90 years lease???

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
no..........just straight 30 year lease (because this is Crown Property or Privy Purse land just like St. Regis nearby).......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Went to pre-launch today - nothing too exciting. Some of the floor plans are badly conceived. Prices around 140,000 with the current 15% discount.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts