Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I buy the redevelopment near the arena - I am less sold on near the Ctirus Bowl - at least not in the near future. THe other thing is they need to run some sort of rail (street car, electric bus on rails, something) down to the citrus bowl from DT - not that far, but far enough in summer. THat would be a real catalyst

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
I buy the redevelopment near the arena - I am less sold on near the Ctirus Bowl - at least not in the near future. THe other thing is they need to run some sort of rail (street car, electric bus on rails, something) down to the citrus bowl from DT - not that far, but far enough in summer. THat would be a real catalyst
the problem with the Citrus Bowl is that Parramore is between it and downtown. The City would have to promote Church St. development from Division all the way to OBT... a tall order. Cityview makes up for 1 block of development, but there's another half dozen or so.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I heard a rumor of the Jags moving from Jacksonville to Orlando,if the stadium is renovated?

Jags are last in attendance next to Buff Bills
Doubt it....both Buffalo and Jacksonville had higher home attendance numbers than the following teams.

San Diego
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
Minnesota
Arizona
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Detroit
Oakland
Indianapolis

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Its also hard to imagine a team relocating to Central Florida with the Bucs being so close, not to mention that a renovated Citrus Bowl would still not be NFL worthy. In the event that a NFL team did decide to relocate to a different market, Orlando most likely wouldn't be at the top of that list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts