SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Osijek is the administrative and business capital of Croatia's Slavonia region and is the country's 4th largest city. Osijek is located on both banks of the Danube river and also serves as a major river port.

The historic city centre of Osijek has a large impressive collection of sessionist buildings dating back from the time of Austro-Hungry dominated by the massive Catholic Catherdral built during time of Croatian Archbishop Josip Strossmayer.

There are a number of large commercial, retail and residential projects currently happening and also planned for Osijek which we'll show here.

Eurodom is probably the largest project currently under way in Osijek. Locally refered to as the "Osijek Twins" this project is now taking shape. It is a major office, entertainment and retail project planned for the city of Osijek.

Here are some pics on final look of the project ......

more to come ..... :yes:

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Esseker Centar

Work has begun on a new definitive building for the Croatian city of Osijek.

The Esseker Centre will be a new office and residential complex that will be distinctive and a landmark in the city centre.

Na jednoj od najatraktivnijih gradskih lokacija u Ribarskoj ulici, koja već duže vrijeme zjapi prazna, uskoro će započeti gradnja moderne poslovno-stambene zgrade ˝Esseker centar˝. Na nekoliko etaža, uz neobičan izgled fasade i podzemne garaže te mali trg u unutrašnjosti centra, nova će zgrada svakako oplemeniti zapušteni izgled Šamačke ulice, ali i jasno povezati središte grada sa Zimskom lukom. Zgrada će u prizemlju imati ugostiteljske i trgovačke sadržaje, dok će se na gornjim katovima u najam dati poslovni prostori, ali i moderni stanovi. Uz otvoreni lift, kao svojevrsnu atrakciju, ˝Esseker centar˝ će na vrhu imati i panoramski restoran.

Iako nema spora da će ˝Esseker˝ znatno uljepšati neugledni dio najstrožeg centra grada, nekima je još uvijek u sjećanju ono maglovito jutro i misteriozno rušenje poznatog osječkog kestena...

Dražen Stojčić

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ante Starčević square in Osijek is being reconstructed ....

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Osijek Soccer Stadium

Croatia in a joint bid with neighbour Hungry have submitted a proposal to host the 2012 European Soccer Championship. If successful then this is the possible look of the new stadium in the city of Osijek which is close to the Hungarian border with direct road links to Budapest.

http://www.hns-cff.hr/vijesti.asp?id=141

http://www.studio3lhd.hr/stadiumOS/

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Juraj Strossmayer Catholic University - Osijek .....

:) The student dormery and other buildings have been completed .....

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a variety of projects proposed, but someone needs to confirm how far they have progressed .....

New Osijek Sports Complex ...

Commercial / Retail Project ...

Bank of Slavonia Office Complex ...

Office Building ...

Cinema / Entertainment Complex ...

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
New Look Hotel Osijek

Reopened last December with a new facade and interior. One of Osijek's more prominent structures .... Hotel Osijek .....

Its "brutalist" look which was later was heavily damaged by Serbian artilery fire during the agression 1991-1995 ....

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some minor residential project (urban consolidation) .....

Retail / Office

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Esseker Centre (shown above) excavation works from about 6 months ago showing Osijek Cathedral in the rear ....... :)

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A recently completed commercial complex in Osijek .....

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'Novi Blok Centar'

Nearing completion. :) Project by Hype Alpe Adria Bank .....

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Ehh finaly somebody opened a thread about constructions in Osijek :cheers:
Thanks, SinCity :)

little presentation of Osijek :
;)

------------------------------

I hope our new colleague Esseker will gather some recent photo material for us soon, and tell us more about all construction sites and projects related to this beautiful and charming Slavonian city :)

:cheers:

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pictures Bubach of Osijek. :)

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
long foot said:
Ali Strossmayerovo sveučilište nije katoličko, već državno ;) :D
I thought because of the name it was Catholic university. :D

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
Nice updates SC

·
Registered
514 Posts
Finally Osijek on it's own. Thanks Sincity.
Bubach, the pics are truly amazing, have you got more?

Esseker, now you have a lot of work to do.

·
OSIJEK NEPOKORENI GRAD!
3,159 Posts
Well done :)

Great work SinCity!

I can see you really did some serious research about Osijek's future projects and saved me from much uploading I planned for today :)

The reconstruction of the main square is going rather slow but it will be finished by October. The new student's dorm is completed and will be in use at the begining of the new academic year.

The new soccer stadium together with a big tennis stadium and some other structures is still just a far away plan but it will be nice if they build it there at the place where one of the most beautiful parks stood untill 1945 (?) called Gradski vrt and as I once heard people called it "the little Schonbrunn" after the "big" one in Vienna.

Hotel Osijek after it's reconstruction has changed the city's skyline to the better. And when the illuminated water fountain returns to the Promenada walkway the view of the town from the left bank of the Drava river will be unforgetable!

·
OSIJEK NEPOKORENI GRAD!
3,159 Posts
more pictures

here's a picture of Osijek's main square and the central pedestrian zone as it will look when finished; and a picture of Tvrdja where the new red roofs are rising.

1 - 20 of 543 Posts