Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious as to what country has the biggest displays of wealth from your personal experience. Most people might automatically say the United States, but I haven't always found this to be the case. For example, rich people in third world countries tend to show of their wealth much more than in other places, in my opinion. Now, this isn't a which country is richer contest. Most of the time a country's wealth has nothing to do with how its citizens choose to "show off" or use what they have. Displays of wealth could include, cars, house, spending habits, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was just curious as to what country has the biggest displays of wealth from your personal experience. Most people might automatically say the United States, but I haven't always found this to be the case. For example, rich people in third world countries tend to show of their wealth much more than in other places, in my opinion. Now, this isn't a which country is richer contest. Most of the time a country's wealth has nothing to do with how its citizens choose to "show off" or use what they have. Displays of wealth could include, cars, house, spending habits, etc.
I think the U.S. is definitely the right case, even though it may not seem that way.

In my opinion, it's all relative. A mansion will look a lot more ostentatious against the backdrop of a shantytown. Displays of wealth in developing nations seem so over the top due to the contrast that they create.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.