SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I am off to do a photography course. I left school with no qualifications at all and I enjoy doing photography. I am 27 and really have no future so decided to change it

I have to ring up tomorrow but does anyone have any advice on what courses are best to go for?

Cheers

Ps. SOrry for asking here but needed Brum area advice

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Sorry, haven't got any advice or anything. Just saying, this should be in the Lunar Society (Skybar). :)

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
Erebus don't be so pedantic - I think Mark just wanted a quick response and not everyone looks at the Lunar Society regularly.

Mark, qualifications are overrated anyway - look at me, I'm the same age as you and I'm happy without any. :crazy: Seriously though, good luck! :eek:kay:

·
3,633 Posts
Try putting together a portfolio. Take a wide range of your best photos and get them printed off. I reckon some colleges may accept you on to a course by a simple interview and submission of a decent portfolio.

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
He's over 25, so may get direct entry.

He could look at some short courses. Expensive though, however enquire as there may be free ones that are for full time students that have empty places.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Sutton College do a lot of courses. They come around every 20 weeks or so - maybe longer. Not sure how good the qualification is, to be honest. I've been tempted by it though.

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
I know they do HND/HNC and can be topped up to a degree.

I have been to Sutton a few times and was impressed by their staff.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
I've know idea about courses, but I'd like to say well done for deciding to take it up and best of luck :)

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
try the negotiated studies degree course at BCU Bournville, have a great, you can focus on photography and they have a great studio set up and covers all aspects from fine art to commercial. You will need a portolio of work but its a a good course

1 - 14 of 14 Posts