SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cheers.
i've made some pics of my lovely little hometown and decided to show you some of them. i hope you don't mind the shitty quality :sleepy:

here we go

Pühajärv (Holy lake)

Our only pool in town

Pühajärve Puhkekodu (SPA Hotel)

mason

Near Pühajärv. The building in the right top corner will be replaced with a new hotel.

Anyone want to buy a miniature size castle? ;)

Town hall

Once there was a shopping center here, now it's demolished and another new hotel will be build :)

Main street

from the other side

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

Our lovely skiing stadium

and our lovely school house (actually there are 2 more school buildings next to it)

Otepää Spordihoone a.k.a our school gym

and now?

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
Very interesting to see Estonian town that is not Tallinn, Tartu or Pärnu. Aitäh. Streets seem rather dead, though, but that's how almost all small locations in S&B region are. Kinda funny, but Otepää could be just any small town in Sweden or Finland by the looks of it. (Trying comparing their livelyness with their Central and West European counterparts..)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Cute little town! Thanks, erki89! Is the town booming or why are they building several new hotels? Is it a big Estonian tourist destination?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@DenverDane
yes, many tourist come here (esp. finns) and many sport events take place here and there are sometimes problems with the acommodation of the athletes and fans. This years Skiing WC leg was followed by about 10 000 people. Thats almost 5x the population of Otepää :)

·
Riga - style
128 Posts
very nice... otepaa is in voru region if im right ( i rememebr it was near border of LAtvia) and that is at border with latvian municipality of Aluksne city where i live in sumemr :)

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
What a wonderful small town on the south of Estonia...I neer been there, however it looks like it's not in Estonia, comapring it to other small towns in the country...I wonder what are the house prices like there??? Got a link??? oh yeah and one more word-AMAZING!!!

·
User
719 Posts
Nice. Otepää seems like a cozy and developed town. I don`t remember when I visited Otepää or have I ever visited that town. That`s really cool to see Otepää pics in this forum. :eek:kay:

·
*Made in Estonia*
904 Posts
Hmm, thanks Erki89! A view meters more and you can see the house of my grandparents in one of this pics. I´m in Otepää only in summertime!

·
Friend
144 Posts
Just a boring town...

·
*Made in Estonia*
904 Posts
_keen_ said:
Just a boring town...
Nothing against Otepää, Otepää rules! :)

And they really demolished the good old "kaubamaja"??
And they will build a hotel there?
Anyway, I will see in summer!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts