Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2cloudsabove9
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, in your opinion would be considered the three greatest architectural achievements of South Africa, ever?This list can include dams, bridges skyscrapers, forts and anything else you can think of,historical or otherwise.

I will begin by submitting(though opinion could change)

1:Castle of Good Hope
2: ?
3: ?

G

·
The Palace -I have stayed there twice and it is AWESOME ! ... Next I would say The Voortrekker Monument because an Afrikaner (my ex bf) shagged me (a sout-piel) senseless in there :lol:

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
Okay its not built in SA, but its designed by a South African & could be the first of many green skyscrapers in the world. Bahrain World Trade Centre. designed by South African architect Shaun Killa, who has designed many skyscrapers in Dubai & the middle east, but none stop you in your tracks as much as this one,

heres the thread for it: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=138906

·
Karoo Prime
1,225 Posts
Why only 3? There are so many great buildings in SA.... Cape Town City Hall, Durban City Hall, Pietermaritzburg City Hall, Free State Raadsaal Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth Opera House, Feather Market Hall Port Elizabeth, Koeberg Power Station, Groote Schuur Hospital, Ponte City, Conservatoire of Music in Stellenbosch..... and many many many more.... They all have great merit, depending on your set of criteria...

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
his new ones will, he is a very good mate of mine and im at his lighties 2nd birthday next week.
He is doing a monster 125F tower next to my 80F one in Dubai and he also has the lighthouse a 400m tower in DIFC which is U/C

1 - 19 of 19 Posts